cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one client in PRD system? And more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I am new to SAP and new to this community.  I have a few questions to ask today.

While reading one discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/165113

in the 2nd reply to this thread, I see:

"I am working on something similar but instead we run our HR instance in a separate client.  However with automatic transport it keeps wanting to transport to the default client.  If DEV, QAS, and PRD all run with two clients, our productive environment being 200 and our HR environment being 100.  We need to be able to do automatic transports for the 200 client (which currently works) and the 100 client which doesn't work.  Anyone know how to make this work?"

From the above I guess that each system of the 3-system landscape (DEV, QAS, PRD) all run with HR client and another client which could be R/3 or ECC client.  The customizing might contain those that are cross-client ones, and modifications to Repository objects are also cross-client.  I would like to know if the cross-client customizing done for HR would interfere with R/3 client.  I thought the PRD system would only have one client.

For a roll-out project, since the PRD has already been online and running.  For a new implementation of the subsidiary company, to import transport requests into the PRD system from QAS, should it be done during times when the number of users who are using the system is low, or can be done at any time during the workday? 

During client copy/transport, both the source and target clients should be locked so that no other users except sap* and DDIC can work in these 2 clients.  Are there any other situations that a client should be locked to prevent other users to log onto it?  I read from some website that say T-code EWZ5 can only lock out dialog access, but not those access to the client through web services or something like http.  Is this true?  If so, how to lock the client completely?

To access a company's SAP system from outside using Internet using SAP GUI for Windows, if VPN is not used, is it safe enough just using SAProuter that is installed on the firewall host?

On page 10 of SAProuter Rel 720 document:

"The following scenarios are supported by the SAProuter:

Support connections from SAP to customers. For support purposes SAP enables the

transfer of other protocols through special, proprietary precautions, but these are not

appropriate for production operation and are not released."

So this kind of connection is not suitable for accessing PRD system?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. In production you should use only one client.

2. Transport should be performed when there is low activity in system.

3. During client copy, client automatically gets locked till the copy is running.May be you can lock all users during upgrade or support pack implementation.

4.Yes

Thanks,

Ravi