cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution list field while creating Owners-GRC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In GRC-AC10 (we are on SP06) While creating different types of owners under NWBC->Access management->Access control owners->owners

After inputing the owner's user ID in the first field,under that There is a field called Distribution list,which is marked as Mandatory field(Red star).

Is it really mandatory to fill ? because when i try to update the field with our "security group" Email ID distribution list it is not allowing,i mean i can't able to feed anything into that field..Later i skipped that field,then also i could able to save and create "Security Lead" owner (To use as" security stage" in Access request workflow)..My question is when it is mandatory field it should n't allow us to create the owner without feeding a value into it?

Is it behaving the same with you aswell..

We have different owner types to create in this screen (FF-Owners,FF-controllers,Monitoring controller,Security lead,role owner ..etc..,)..Does this distribution list field applicable to all owner types or not...

What is the purpose of this field?

Please explain me clearly..

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Actually, the field "Distribution List" is used and becomes editable on case you select "LDAP Group" for Group Type. These fields are validated for that option only.

Best regards,

Smriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti,

Thanks for the reply,now i understood the purpose.Any way we are not using LDAP so it is not applicable for our scenario..

My scenario is, in the CUP workflow path we have created the "security stage" and we have 6 security admins who should receive the request into their work inbox..for which i want to create a user group in GRC10 system..and the same group i want to update here in Access control owners

..under "owner group" and select owner type as "Security lead"..  

Is this the procedure which i need to follow or not?

Please correct me if iam wrong..

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (0)