cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_RSICFDLT Cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The Job SAP_RSICFDLT is a standard job and it is configured to run every hour. At 1.00 A.M. system is down because there is a daily offline backup running at that time. Because of that this job is canceled everyday at this hour. How can I configure this job for not runing at 1.00AM -3 A.M?

For this i maintained RSICFDLT report in tcoll table I removed X under 1 A.M and 2 A.M field also but still it is running under this period and it gets cancelled.

Kindly Suggest

Thanks,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Regarding your query, please refer the note specified below.

966309 - Contents of table TCOLL in SAP_BASIS 700

you need to deactivate RSICFJOB in TCOLL. Report RSICFJOB: Schedules a

background job to execute RSICFDLT, see SAP note #966309.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika Thanks for suggestion.

You mean to say that we have to deschedule RSICFJOB . To achieve this have to remove X for RSICFJOB in tcoll table.

Due to the reason RSICFDLT is running every 30 mins.

Thanks

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Yes you have to deactivate RSICFJOB in TCOLL as it schedules the background job to execute RSICFDLT.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Thanks a lot I descheduled it. I will let you know the status tomorrow.

Thanks,

Pankaj Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it worked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I am not sure how TCOLL table entry works, but you can check the start conditions of this job and try if there are any restrictions that you can apply on this job to avoid running that particular time frame.Otherwise, the jobs failed due to offline backup can be ignored.

If you could not find any other method to avoid the job running at 1AM and 2AM you can do as below,

*     Change the job period to daily(instead of the current period hourly)

*     Copy the job 22 times and change the start time of the job, you can give give all the other hours except 1AM and 2 AM.

Or if your business approves, you can schedule the job to every 3 hours so that you can avoid the job to run in a particular time frame.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep for replying

There is no such restriction that we can apply for this in start condition.

The problem is that if we maintain the rsicfdlt report scheduling in Tcoll table in st03n tcode. Why SAP_RSICFDLT JOB is not checking that sequence.? Why it is still running for 1 and 2 AM?