cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0 Custom Fields Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working in a implementation of GRC AC 10.0 and I have to create custom fields to be used in the Access Request Creation (under the workset Access Request thah belongs to Access Management Work area), but that custom field has to be filled automatically (just the same process that occurs to fill in automatic the User Details tab) when the user write his personel number.

I have follow the document AC 10.0 - Managing Custom Fields for Access and Role Management and that document just explain how to create the custom field but not how to link that custom field to a field of a table that exists in the backend... and that is what I want..... 1. create the custom field, 2. link that custom field to a table of the backend, 3. fill automatically that custom field when the user set his personal number in the Access Request.

Please provide me somo documents or guide lines to get this....

Kind regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You can amend some of the settings in the IMG node --> Common Component Settings --> Maintain Field Based Configuration but I don't know how you can pull in automatic content from external systems other than the standard Data source and field mappings in the node Maintain Mappings for Actions and Connector Groups.

I'm trying to do the same thing to get HR's Personnel Sub Area so let me know if you succeed.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

The correct path is IMG -> Shared Master Data Settings -> Maintain Field-Based Configuration and then in the ACCREQ Entity I already have my custom field but that config. is just to set a status (required, optional, hidden, display).

I'll be working on that and let me know if you get some information....

Marco

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You need to create an F4 help which will be attached to the data element of the custom field that you have created.This F4 will fetch the data from the backend table .

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharad,

Thank you for your comments but that option is not the solution for two reasons;

1. To create the F4 Help the tables in GRC are needed and those tables just exist in backend.

2. An F4 help just enable the posibility to select a value from that list but the field has to be filled manually (selecting some value from the list) and that option doesn't solve my issue.

Regards,

Marco

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marco,

For that you should do the field mapping . This can be done from GRC =>Access control => Maintain mapping for actions and connector groups => Assign group field mapping.In the AC field the column your custom field would appear which you can map to whatever field you want.

Regards

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharad,

Thank you for your recommendation but I already do that and isn't working.... I have done the field mapping for all the "actions" and I don't have the results I want... maybe I need to configure something else.... Please see the image attached "field mapping" and give me your comments...

Kind regards,

Marco

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marco,

You need to do the same mapping for connection actions 4 and 5 as well .

Regards

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharad,

As I told you in my last message I've made the mapping for all the actions including 4 & 5 and It doesn't work...

Do you have another idea?

Kind regards,

Marco

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marco,

To figure out the root cause you may have to debug the code. Alternatively you can also log an OSS .

In case you decide to debug yourself , you can refer to attached screenshots. The class and method to be debugged are CL_GRAC_AD_ACCESS_MGMT_RFC and IF_GRAC_AD_ACCESS_MGMT~GET_USER_DETAIL.If you have already found a solution , please share with all.

Regards

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I am reaching out to you to see if you can share how you did it. 

I am facing the same need to create custom fields in the access request and pull information from HR to populate those fields. 

Thanks,

Helen

marco_alva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Helen,

Unfortunately I couldn't do it without a development, the SAP answer to the related incident was "register it as an idea for future improvements".

Kind regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Were you able to bring over Personnel Subarea from HR into the access request? I'm trying to figure out on my end.

Thanks

Answers (0)