cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Integration server in Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am very new to XI.I am going trough senario File to Idoc R/3.While creating Business system in SLD,why do we need to give Intergration Server Name?I am trying to send data from File to R3 as IDOC.Please help me to understand

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The integration server is the place where SAP XI processing (routing, mapping, queuing, conversions) takes place. The Integration Server contains a centrally configured Integration Engine and all other SAP XI components required. The integration server facilitates the interaction between the different operating systems and applications across internal and external networks.These are the few reasons, in addition to Michael reply that why do we give name of integration server in SLD. We also use business system information in ID/RWB and at that time RWB picks data through the reference of integration server name.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you give the name of the integration server for the ABAP proxy purposes

so your R3 system will know it's integration server

when you connect your R3 you only give path to

the SLD - transaction SLDAPICUST

it has nothing to do with IDOCs but that's

just how business systems are configured:)

for more IDOC and XI check out my book:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>