cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a UD that requires manual serial number assignment - I need to turn it off

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a pop up that requires manual serial number assignment when trying to process the UD for a Inspection Lot?  I setup a background job to automatically complete the UD once all inspection results have been entered.  However, the UD cannot be processed because I keep getting an error that says "Making the UD for Insp. lot 0100000817xx requires serial number assignment".  So I then tried to process it manually and it makes me create serial numbers automatically before I can performed the UD.  I would like to get the serial number assignment turned.  Does anyone know how this can be done?  Below are some screen shots showing the problems that I am running into.  Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darrin,

As per my understanding this pop up comes when you try to post parital stock through QA32. As system can not decide its own which serial numbers are to be posted, I believe in this case its quite obvious that system throws you pop up.

On the contrary, if you are trying to post entire stock then system should not ask you for serial numbers as input. Also create serial numbers automatically should not be advisable option. According to me there could be several reasons for the problem you are dealing with. I try to explain.

1. Ensure that the material document linked with inspection lot contains serial numbers
  2. These are the serial numbers which are entered by the person who posts GR. (both against PO or against production order)
  3. Ideally quality person should clear the lot with same serial numbers.
  4. You must restrict create serial numbers automatically option with authorization. Remove authorization of t code IQ01 for this user.
  5. Secondly you must click on thisicon, which is just to the right of create serial numbers automatically option.
  6. By this you would be selecting the serial number associated with inspection lot.
  7. Another reason I feel could be, serial number profile customization.
  8. Check in OIS2 transaction code what serial number usages have been defined against serialization procedures. Whether optional or obligatory?
  9. Possibly the serial number would have been customized in such a way that system will not ask serial numbers at the time of GR but obligatory for QMSL i.e. posting through inspection lot.
  10. Try changing these combinations and check the results.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the inspection type set up in the material master, untick the box "serial numbers".

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am also facing this issue. Deactivating serial number In the inspection type set up in the material master will not resolve the issue.

Is there something in standard SAP which we can use to deactivate the serial numbers in background UD.

Thanks.

S J