Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS not deducted or less deducted in earlier years

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Last year, there are some vendors for which wrong Withholding Tax (TDS) data was maintained. Hence in earlier year, we failed to deduct WHT for some vendors and in some cases we deducted TDS at wrong percent / wrong section. Because of these multiple reason we have to pay interest to income tax goverenment.

My question is how to handle following situtation in SAP:

1. TDS not deducted in earlier year. How to deduct TDS in current year for the bills of earlier year on which TDS was not deducted.

2. How to handle such cases where TDS was wrongly deducted under wrong section.

These entries needs to be posted and updated in WHT (TDS) module so that these data is captured in J1INCHLN, J1INBANK, J1INCERT and J1INQEFILE.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Use J1INJV transaction code ,if you want to deduct TDS for Current year as well as earlier year postings. Enter Previous year FI document > Company code > Year & Enter reason for JV > Posting date as in Current year > Enter ( Manual Change the Values or give proper amount / increase / decrease the amounts) ,whcih would update in SAP standard reports and Certificates.

Rgds

Mani

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution given by you is not working for my 1st scenario i.e. scenario where TDS is not at all deducted. In TCode J1INJV, When i entered KR document number (i.e. vendor invoice) in which TDS was not deducted it told:

Tax has not been deducted for doc 1900000366 . Jv not possible .

How to handle such scenarios.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any inputs ?