cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error in lane creation'The validities of means of transportation XXX overlap '

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am creating Transport Lane bye program using BAPI   'BAPI_TRLSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2'. (t code to view it is /smtms/tl5)

I am getting error message 'The validities of means of transportation XXX overlap'.

I searched in sdn, found one unanswered post.

Got 4 SAP notes, but they are irrelavant while appling sap note, so can not apply.

Note 1581694 - Overlapping validities in means of transportation check  (valid since 23.06.2011 )

Note 1465248 - Means of Transportation: Validity Intervals Overlap  (valid since 29.07.2010 )

Note 1442294 - Can not add transportation lanes if TRM overlaping

Note 1345628 - Transportation Lane: Validities Means of Transportation

I am answerless why it is coming. Please help someone.

AMIT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I guess you have already created one lane between the locations for a certain means of transport. Now you try to create another one for the same means of transport and the validity period of the second one is overlapping the validity period of the existing one. In this case you will get that error. Make sure to create only one lane per means of transport or at least make sure that the second lane's validity begins after the first ends.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and Thomas,

My issue is solved today, issue was due to improper system copy.

Explaination (issue and solution):-

Thomas we can create multiple lanes by same MTR , as you told if MTR validity will overlap it will give error, but it will not give error what I got instead It will give error like '

Validity intervals for MOT XXX in SSS -> DDD overlap'. this will not create empty MTR records what was happening in my case.

Issue: 1. Our production server E*P got copied into another server E*X where I am loading data. By mistake Basis copied LOGQS(Location: Business System Group) wrongly as E*P100 instead E*X2F*X.(table: /sapapo/locmap). 

loaded Transportation Zone first, so those all zone loaded wrongly (came wrongly in /sapapo/locmap table). Later when I was trying to load lane it was giving error 'The validities of means of transportation XXX overlap'.

2. I used implicit commit in BAPI.

Solution: [1] deleted all lane first

[2] deleted all zone then(order of deletion is important)

[3] Delete the locations and SCUs completely by using the following options;
                     a. Tcode : /SAPAPO/LOC3

b. Tcode : /SCMB/SCUMAIN
                    Hit the delete button which will delete all the locations marked for deletion.

[4] Removed implicit Commit and applied separate commit after BAPI.

Regards,

AMIT.

Answers (0)