cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grouping parts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we just switched to SAP and I am having difficulty finding out how to make groups of parts.

We fabricate parts and like to group similar parts that use the same raw material.

In our old system we were able to give a group of parts a name, such as UNDERPANS, and we could call up these parts under the name.

I'm hoping SAP has a way to do this so that in COHV we can mass release/print the orders. We would also set a fixed lot size because we usually make the orders as kits.

So, does anyone know how to make groups of parts?

Thanks,

Dan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

The most common way to select common parts and process them all at once in COHV is to assign your list of parts to a common MRP Controller or Production schedular.  The assignment is made in the Material Master (MM02).

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy. Assigning an MRP Controller is definately an option we are considering. However, we use MRP Controllers to designate which work centre a part belongs to. Are there any other options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

As I stated earlier, Production Scheduler is also commonly used for selecting groups of materials for Mass Processing in COHV.  If, as you say, all the parts you wish to group together have a common raw material, then you can directly select on component; and bypass the whole 'grouping' thing.

I hope you are not expecting me to list all the selection parameters that exist in COHV for you to critique;  you can easily look for yourself.  If these fields are inadequate to meet your business requirements, you can consider implementing an enhancement. 

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah that's what we thought, thanks.

Answers (0)