Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan: setup system monitoring CCMS RFC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SolMan 7.1 SP04.

(meaning, no SMSY based RFC generation available)

While setting up SolMan "System monitoring" in solution Manager

I go to wizard based walkthrough:

Here, it says no RFC destinations "CCMS Read Destination" nor "CCMS Login Destination" exists, giving me instructions:

But this is not possible, as of SP04 of Solman 7.1, we cannot generate RFC destinations in SMSY anymore.

In LMDB, the "Assign RFC Dest. for System Monitoring" functionality is not available.

How to assign CCMS RFC's in SolMan 7.1?

Thanks a Lot for your help,

Samuli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli

follow below link you should be able to do it, Home - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Please make sure Solman_setup System Prepration & Basic configuration all GREEN lights. Let us know if you need further help..

-Giri

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wiki is very helpfull!

I solved red status by adding security role to user from RFC.

Regards

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

cool Jorge.. congrats, please go head mark your post answered it resolved, also give credit whoever helped you.

-giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to add the system via RZ21 but using existing RFC connections? I don't want to create new ones.

Thanks,

Shawn

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shawn

what you are trying to achieve exactly? give us details..

-giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giri,

My situation is exactly as described in this thread.

I want to set up System Monitoring, but none of the RFC connections created between my Solution Manager system and the managed systems has the flag "Assign RFC Dest. for System Monitoring" selected. (This is viewable in transaction SMSY.) I am not able to edit the RFC in SMSY as it directs me to LMDB, where this parameter does not exist.

Using transaction RZ21, I can add a Component to be Monitored. However, the RFC connections to the managed system are automatically generated/created. I would prefer to be able to use existing RFC connections.

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

What security role you added exactly to which user I am facing the similar issue here while adding remote monitoring entry for SAt from CEN using rz21

Error when sending the configuration data to the agent

SoapFaultCode:5 CCMS__RegisterCentralSystem failed: 248: an unknown internal error.

Thanks in advance..

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe that this will use the standard READ and TMW RFCs that you create from Destinations/RFC Maintenance in LMDB.   Have you created those to the various systems yet? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used RZ21 as Balaji said, and it created 2 new RFC's which showed up in the screen.

See below.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same issue. CCMS is red and I want to créate alerts.

I tried with RZ21->'Technical Infrastructure'->'Display Topology'

Then error message:

( SAPCCM4X.SAPDESER1.00 ) Error when sending the configuration data to the agent

( SAPCCM4X.SAPDESER1.00 ) SoapFaultCode:5 CCMS__RegisterCentralSystem failed: 248: an unknown internal error

I have Solman 7.1 SP15. ccms read has red status I checked RFC and Works fine.

I am very confused with DAA and CCMS Agents.

Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Have you successfully passed over this issue? I'm stuck in here also.

Best Regards,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I haven't.

I am hoping SPS05 will solve the case.

BR;

Samuli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the assignment of RFC destinations to systems in transaction RZ21->'Technical Infrastructure'->'Display Topology'. Click on create buttong and select instance type(ABAP, java, etc) and fill in the details and save. Then ccms connectivity test will be in green.

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

This acts the same in Solman 7.1 SPS5.  You the box is grayed out in SMSY, and I cannot find were in LMDB to check "Assign RFC Dest. for system monitoring".  The answer above does not solve the problem.