Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Tracking ID field in EM

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure the OTC process and plan to use multiple tracking IDs for a single Event handler.

My idea is to use SO number, Delivery Number and Container ID as tracking IDs in the same event handler

The issue is that the contianer ID (generated by a third party) is available only after the EH has been created in the previous stage.

So, is there a way by which the tracking ID is updated in the event handler after the EH has been created? If so how?

Thanks,

Affan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Affan,

you can add Tracking IDs by sending Event Messages and activity method TRACKING_ID_SET. Refer to the activity description for details how to fill the Event Message structure.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Affan,

Steffen is right. The table to fill would be TRACKREFERENCES when calling the BAPI /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02.

ACTION = A

REFUSAGE = T

Thanks

Kevin    

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I tried adding the tracking ID with the above paramters. but somehow in the EM system, this table is not getting updated.

While debugging the extractor we can see this table being populated in ECC.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

the Fields that we are populating in the TRACKREFERENCES table are

RFCOD

RFID

REFUSAGE-T

ACTION-A

is there any madatory field missing which prevents this data to be sent to EM?

And just to confirm my suspicion i looked at the message log and found the code against the tracking_id_set rule to be 4

Regards,

Affan

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Affan,

did you enter the correct Tracking Code Set in the rule set customizing for activity TRACKING_ID_SET.

Did you check table /SAPTRX/EVM_REF? There you should find the entries sent with your message.

Best regards,

Steffen

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Yes I used the correct tracking code set.

But i have also populated the appsys field in the TRACKREFERENCES table & its working now.

Thanks a ton...