cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner role in EWM Delivery processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following query regarding EWM partner determination in Delivery Processing. the help document doesnot clearly explains the same.

In EWM cross process settings we define Partner roles like Ship to party(STPRT) and Ship from  Party (SFPRT). The same is assigned to the partner profile which is then assigned to delivery type.

Is there any config node where we assign or link the BP roles (like BBP000) of the Vendors and customers and the identification type (say CRM002) to this partner roles. How are the partner number for roles (eg SFPRT) determined in the delivery.

I found that we have the option of defining ERP partner roles to the EWM partner roles in interface customizing table. However even if we leave that blank. In the IBD the system correctly picks the Vendor number from ERP as the SFPRT partner in the delivery.

Was wondering how the system determines this or if this is preconfigured

Regards

Sandeepan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeepan,

Besides the BP transaction specified by Sandip I would suggest you to look at /SCMB/SCUMAIN - Maintain Supply Chain Unit, mainly the roles allocated to the business partners in question.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of both the transaction BP and SCUMAIN where we create both the BP roles and the SCUMAIN.

But my question was in different lines. Let me again explain the same

We have partner roles like Ship from  Party (SFPRT) ie the vendor in the Delivery Document.

But we create the master data business partners with different roles like BBP000 in transaction BP.

Now is there any link between both the partner roles.

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepan,

I also couldn't find a direct association between the BP role and Partner role. As far as I can see the link between these two is the ID Type (ex CRM004 R/3 Vendor Number). You can make this association in the SCM Customizing following the path: Extended Warehouse Management - Interfaces - ERP Integration - Delivery Processing - Map Partner Roles from ERP System to EWM.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

Once agian thanks for checking on this.

However this is where my confusion lies precisely. I expected the ID type  (ex CRM004 R/3 Vendor Number) to be link between both. Consequently i mapped in the ERP integration config such that role LF in ERP is mapped to role SFRT in EWM and have the ID type CRM004.

But then i noticed that even if the config table is blank and has no entry still the erp vendor is correctly mapped to the SFRT role. I am not sure how this is happening

Then again if i create a new Partner role in erp (say xyz)..map it to another partner role (ABC ) in same config node in EWM. Then assign the new partner role to the partner profile for the delivery document.

System doesnot pick up the partner role in the EWM document. If i try to assign it manually it throws error stating that the new partner role is not allowed in the document, Although i have already assigned the partner role to the partner profile

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check tcode BP in identification tab.