cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating source system in RSA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I’m trying to create a source system in the TC RSA1 between R/3 PRO y BW PRO. But at the end of the process it sent me the message Source system already exists. There is no other source system for R/3 created. What can it be?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Vic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

Goto sm59 and delete the logical system for the R/3 system and retry the steps again.

Check this doc:

http://help.sap.com/bp_biv135/BBLibrary/documentation/B84_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

The steps for creating source system (automatic option in RSA1)is as follows:

1.Create remote logons in both the systems.

2.RSA1 -> Source system -> Create source system -> automatic creation

3. Enter the details of the R/3 system and the Remote logon ids of both the system. In case you are using BI 3.5 or greater + R/3 4.7 or greater the password is "case sensitive" hence have all the passwords in CAPS.

4. Now the system would create a remote logon and show up the remote logon screen. In that screen -> "logon and security" -> enter the remote logon id and password and save. Now the remote logon should not work from there.

The connection is established.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your response. The problem was that I both systems, R/3 and BW had the same logical system name. We correct that and created new RFC and it worked.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards

Vic

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the message means that the source system is already created .

you canot acess it so i think there may be a problem for authorization so

either contact basis guy or add the authorization object

pls assing points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess already the source system is created please check it again or better clarify with basis people.

Thanks,

Vachan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked it with the Basis, but he doesn’t know what the problem is too.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vic