cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC at the receiver file communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a File to file scenerio wherein the input file will come as .txt while the output will be posted as xml file at a file directory.

But I am not getting which parameters to be mentioned in the receiver File Content Conversion.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN user,

You dont have to give any parameters in receiver FCC because it is needed as you already mentioned in sender FCC to pick the file. In file Name scheme put the file name and give the extension .xml (filename.xls).

Thanks,

Arivarasu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi User,

Please mention exactly what is your requirment. What type of parameters you need to particular file to place at target side.

Please gone through this below blog , may be it will helpful for you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the valueable reply.

The scenerio is File(FTP) to File(FTP) wherein the input .txt file is being converted to xml using FCC at the sender file communication channel ,the fileds are ; seperated in the input .txt file.

At the receiver side the xml file is supposed to be posted to the file directory.

Can you please help me what should I mention for the Recordser Structure and which parameters should be mentioned for the receiver FCC communication channel?

Thanks in advance

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have used FCC at sender file communication channel, then the txt file is now converted into XML. You do not need another FCC at receiver communication channel. The file produced in target directory will be an XML. If you need help in FCC at sender communication channel you need to provide detailed structure of your input file and the exact XML you require after FCC.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi User,

Please do the config below in your receiver channel :

Hope this will help you

Rgds,

Jo

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my knowledge you need not to use FCC because u put ur file in xml so r just provide directory path where to place and all needed parameters.

refer following link for more help:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this Help doc as a reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

It describes all the parameters in details. Let us know if you still had some detailed questions.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

In the dhelp document you recommned,there are many fields mentined

While in the receiver communication channel FCC,has the following

Recordset Structure and the parameters to be given

For Recordset Structure do I mention the same value what I mentioned for the sender FCC?

Also,which parameters should be put in the parameters list considering my scenerio?

I am confused with so may parameters.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SDN User,

>>> For Recordset Structure do I mention the same value what I mentioned for the sender FCC?

Yes. Like in the example in Help: for Recordset Structure NameA, you later use NameA.attributeName in the attributes tab.

Regarding the attributes, the following three are sufficient in most cases, but it's hard to say for sure, since I don't know your exact requirement:

NameA.fieldNames = field1, field2, ... (use your field names here)

NameA.endSeparator = 'nl' (the new line separator between structures)

NameA.fieldSeparator = ; or NameA.fieldFixedLengths = 5,5,... (depending on the requirement)

Regards,

Greg

EDIT: Based on your later post, out of the two: fieldSeparator and fieldFixedLengths, use the first one 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

As per my understanding from your reply,I should put the following in the receiver FCC

For the parameters I should mention

NameA.fieldNames = field1, field2, ... (use your field names here)

NameA.endSeparator = 'nl' (the new line separator between structures)

NameA.fieldSeparator = ; or NameA.fieldFixedLengths = 5,5,... (depending on the requirement)

But I am still confused about the Recordset structure value,do I mention the same value for the Recordset structure?

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SDN User,

Again, going back to the SAP Help example. I have bolded the recordset structure name in the example payload. I hope this clarifies. In general, recordset structure should be set in correspondence with your XML structure.

<documentName>

<recordset>

<NameA>

<field-nameA1>field-value</field-nameA1>

<field-nameA2>field-value</field-nameA2>

<field-nameA3>field-value</field-nameA3>

</NameA>

<NameB>

<field-nameB1>column-value</field-nameB1>

<field-nameB2>column-value</field-nameB2>

<field-nameB3>column-value</field-nameB3>

</NameB>