cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT ARFC2 issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very simple scenario which is implemented in WDJ 7.2 CE ARFC1 where the transaction BAPI_PRODORDERCONF_CREATE_TT is executed and committed right after by BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. Everything works fine and I have even checked in SE37 by a remote breakpoint that the execution of the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is triggered and COMMIT WORK line is executed to commit the results of the previous confirmation. Everything is perfect.

However the exact the same code ported to ARFC2 fails to commit the confirmation.

BAPI_PRODORDERCONF_CREATE_TT is executed successfully and returns the confirmation is OK but the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT call seems to be in another session/scope and COMMIT WORK (ABAP) line is simply bypassed, in the same as you would just call this BAPI only from WDJ.

The only explanation for this I have is that the transactions are running in decoupled JCo connections or scopes,

but I can't imagine that this the implementation of ARFC2 since COMMITS and ROLLBACKS would become useless.

Is there a hint or probably a setting I missed to accomplish that allow me to commit a transaction chain from WDJ?

This currently causes a lot of head scratching here ...

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Artjom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use [UC_ScopeType] for model scope.

There is no official document, but I got this answer from OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Where should I set the scope type?

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

Is there any answer about the method to set scope type?

One more question I have given birth is that how I can point necessary RFC destination for imported model?

Is it possible only during the import process in NWDS? By the way moving through lanscape I have to use destinations with the same names Otherwise it won't work

Sincerely,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

After a long OSS I found the place to set the scope type - it's under the WD model properties!

It resolves the parallel requests issue, commit works fine!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artjom,

I have the same issue with BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2, I receive a document number in return table, but commit seems to be running in different session - it runs successfully, but document is not created.

Did you manage to solve this problem?