cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 cross catalog search punch out and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have SRM 7.0 and in connection with that we have punch out catalogs and SRM-MDM.

When I add 2 MDM catalogs and have a punch out as well, then I can cross search in the 2 MDM catalogs. But, it's not possible to see materials from the punch out catalog.

My question is, can I setup so that the user has one "main" catalog with for instance 1 punch out and 2 MDM catalogs, and then search cross?

Br,

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

cross-catalog search is available for all catalogs

- for which the option "Cross-Catalog Search" is activated in the Webservice customizing

- which are supporting cross-catalog search/ background search (not all external catalogs are supporting this)

There is no need to setup a main catalog (and it is also not possible), the search will run in all catalogs, which are available for the user (PPOMA) and the above prerequisites are met.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for such a quick answer...

My scenario is - I have for instance 2 SRM-MDM catalogs, and 1 punch-out catalog setup in PPOMA.

When I "cross search" I can only see items from the 2 MDM catalogs and not the punch out catalog.

I see the point, and will not have a main catalog, but I need to search across MDM and punch out catalogs.

Br,

Jimmy

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

this should work. Check the customizing, and check with the punch-out catalog provider, if the prerequisites are met.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Where in customizing can I find it?

Br,

Jimmy

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to SAP IMG - SAP Supplier Relationship Management - SRM Server - Master Data - Content Management - Define External Web Services.

There select the punch-out catalog, click on Details and check if the option "Cross-Catalog Search" is flagged.

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks a lot, I will try and then test it.

Br,

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  MDM  and  Punchout   one is internal and other is external   do you think we can still do cross catalog search.

For external catalog we can not able to do  product mapping in MDM ?  

When I have 2 internal catalogs still in  SRM we see only one MDM link correct once you log in you can see two catalogs or  we  will see two MDM internal catalog ID we need to create?

Little confussion  between external catalog and Internal catalog. Can you help

Answers (0)