SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile allocation error in EDM

former_member266656
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

while allocating profile through tcode EEDM04 system throws an error like "profile and registers must have same interval length" though I have checked all setting in register group, device category, device modifaction and in VCF procedure, still the problem persist. Error print shot is attached for reference. Please suggest.

Regards

Girish

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GIRISH,

can you please check into the register group which you have used  for that particular device, just to make sure that register in the device has the  same interval length of the profile ID . This error is commonly seen in situation in which interval length of profile and register do not match !

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the register group interval length is ok there. but when I am assigning the interval length for register via device modifcation EG42. System throws an error like Gas Procedure & Rate data is not valid. Although I have checked the nominal load in VCF Procedure & in device category and found it is same. pls suggest for such error.

0 Kudos

Hi,

During device replacement, the new and old device configuration should be exactly same. Please check that the gas procedure  for both the devices are same.

Also check that the gas procedure is maintained correctly in the following path:

IMG-> SAP Utilities ->Contract Billing-> Special Functions ->Gas Billing ->Define Gas Procedure

Check which rate type , fact group you have assigned for the device. There should be a rate determination between the rate category assigned at installation and rate type assigned at device/register level.

Regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

• First If you have mentioned the same interval length in the register group and in the profile correctly this error wont come.
  • Second why are you using Device modification if you have a register group for interval registers already.
  • Third In Interval meters we generally execute billing using RTP Interface which has standard RTP Formula GAS01 which works in the same way as the Gas procedure. I mean to say vcf and calorific values are passed into the RTP Interface and need not be maintained during the full installation etc.so your devices asking these details point out that your device is not an interval meter. Please allocate the profile to an interval meter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rakesh..

PS: It's good that you have pasted the screenshots

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for valuable comments. But Sir when I again go for full installation and enter the data for device system throws an error like"pls enter the gas procedure". I also maintained the RTP interface & RTP component for the profile mentioned above in print screen. Pls suggest how to do full installation for such scenarios.

Thanks & Regards

Girish

0 Kudos

In addition I am using EG31 transaction for full installation.

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

For EG31 does it allow you to enter the Meter Reading ?? if it does then ur meter is not interval meter.

Check your rate once if the RTP Interface is mentioned in the header data.

If this also is okk then goto to your device category and enter the nominal load in the first tab where you also enter the register group.

and also mention the measured pressure in the EG31 screen.

this should help to remove the second error of 'gas procedure not valid'

Ping back for any furthur issues.

Regards,

Rakesh..

PS: Please don't use Sir.