cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing pic frm material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created a document which has the picture of a material using cv01n t code and attached the same to the material. I have saved the image in the sap db. Now I am unable to view this image also if I have to print this image in which table should i search for the same?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Gk

Could you open the image in CV03N ? If yes then link between material and DMS document is missing.

How exactly you want to print this ?

Regards

Sagar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

When i saved it in the DB the image can be seen as atached in cv03n, but when i am trying to view the same its giving an error that sap is unable to open the file. Also I would like to know if there is any restriction on the type of file (img,jpg etc) that can be used in SAP?

Also i would like to know if i want to store the image in an external server or content repository what customizations need to be done and what changes do come while making document in cv01n?

regards,

gk

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Gk,

There might be issue and the file seems to be not attached correctly . and thus you are facing the issue with opening the file as well.

As per my knowledge there is no restriction from SAP on the file type.

The  configurations can be done for saving the documents in content server, But i am not very sure how they are done .

Regards

Sagar

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
   You can do this by path in SPRO
SAP IMG> Cross-Application Components> Document Management.

or

by below transactions

1) Maintain storage system with this transaction code S_ALR_87008798. Check any entries are there for Content repository for Document management System
2) Maintain storage catogory with this transaction code S_ALR_87008799.
3) Maintain Workstation Application which can be uploaded in CV01N using transaction  S_ALR_87008829 .

Thanks & Regards
Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, I also wanted to know if I attach an image to material master, without DMS, just by create attachment and save the image, how can I know where this image is saved in the system and how to retrive the image from the system?