cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing SRM-MDM without Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to upgrade our SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.02 and shifting out SAP CCM 2.0 to SRM-MDM.

Currently, the master data are synchronize from our ECC system to SRM.

If we implement SRM-MDM for the catalog content management, can we still keep our master data in SRM instead of shifting the master data to SRM-MDM?

Thanks.

Regards.

Wei Qi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can (have to) synchronize the master data from ECC to SRM, there is no change.

You can transfer the master data to the SRM-MDM Catalog (MDM repository) too, if you want to send data like Product ID etc. during item transfer from catalog to SRM.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Temea,

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm, on your last statement. If want to transfer my catalog items (including product ID) to my SRM shopping carts but I do not want to maintain a product master in the MDM, is it possible?

This is as per our current SRM 5.0 and SAP CCM 2.0 behavior. Product Master is in SRM. Catalog items (with product ID) in CCM can be transferred to SRM shopping cart list.

Thanks!

Regards,

Wei Qi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After synchronisation of SRM master data from ECC, you have to update the MDM master data from SRM (for example Vendor master).

Master data in MDM can be updated from both ECC and SRM.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

I just replied to Temea as well.

Is it a mandatory to update SRM-MDM? As we want to keep the current design with minimal changes. we would want to keep current behvior where master data is maintained in SRM only.

Thanks!

Regards,

Wei Qi