cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP BRF Initiator Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

After creating a BRF+ (Line item by line item) initiator, I'm having issues creating requests against it. I've performed simulations in BRF+ and the Rule_Results have always come as expected. When I create a user request for Change or Firefighter ID assignment both scenarios produce the error, "Request submit failed; error in MSMP submit method"

I've configured the BRF+ rule as follows:

I've run the simulation for selecting request type 002 (Change) and the appropriate Result (CHANGE) is returned.

I've configured the MSMP rules and Initiators based on the Rule_results and with the custom initiator

And MSMP Paths have been defined with the Appropriate Rule_Results

Any help to resolve this issue is always appreciated.

Thank you,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the BRF+ function activated as well as the Decision Table?

Have you got all of the request types catered for in your table?

Have you tried simulating the MSMP workflow? Does it give you any errors prior to activating it?

Try checking in transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE to make sure that the entries there are consistent with the web based version.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thank you for the response. Do I have to create an initiator for every request even if I don't plan on using it? Ie do i have to create an initiator rule for LOCK/UNLOCK if I don't plan on using it?

Thanks,
Kunal

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

You might not actually need to but I tend to have a logical end point for all eventualities so that I avoid errors in the actual workflow processing.

Simon

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal:

If you are not using those request types, you should 'de-activate' them in the IMG.  Then they will not show up when creating the access request.  I agree with Simon, you should ALWAYS create your BRF+ rules as completely as possible.

You can also, if using a Single Match expression (this cannot be used when you return multiple values) always use a 'default' line entry AT THE END of the decision table to catch items that may have been missed in previous rows.  When you have a single match expression, it will always follow the line items as entered in the BRF+ table and STOP when it finds a match.  So you should have your most restrictive conditions ahead of your less restrictive conditions.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

From the screenshots that you have attached, it seems that you have assigned the  BRF+ Decision table ID instead of Function ID to MSMP workflow. If you assign the Function ID instead of the Decision table ID to the relevant places in MSMP workflow, I think you will not face the error any more.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks

Saibal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saibal,

Thanks for checking, however I used the Function ID they are just very similar. The function ID ends in 423BD0.

Regards,
Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

The MSMP workflow is designed to work with Function ID not with Decision table ID however similar they may be.

That is why I had advised you to apply the Function ID instead of Decison table ID in the MSMP workflow configuration. If you do as I am telling, I am pretty sure, your workflow will work fine.

Let me know the result.

Thanks and Regards

Saibal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saibal,

Sorry for the miscommunication, what I was trying to say is I used the Function ID not the decision table ID and it is still not working.

Thanks,
Kunal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Is it resolved?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I was able to resolve the issue. I deleted all previous versions of the BRF+ functions and decision tables and recreated everything. I made sure the Rule-Results were consistent and then it all started working.

Thank you for all your help.

Kunal