cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM scenario for 2 SAP Landscapes with only one DEV system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Here is a scenario:

1. One DEV system => DEV(1)
  2. Two Q&A systems => Q&A(1 ), Q&A(2)
  3. Two Pre-PROD systems => P-PRD(1) , P-PRD(2)
  4. Two PROD systems => PRD(1), PRD(2)
  5. One ChaRM Project

2 landscapes (assigned to the one ChaRM Project) will look like that:

1. DEV(1) -> Q&A(1) ->  P-PRD(1) -> PRD(1)
  2. DEV(1) -> Q&A(2) ->  P-PRD(2) -> PRD(2)

What is required:

1. Create Urgent Change and move TRs ONLY to PRD(1)  :   DEV(1) -> Q&A(1) ->  P-PRD(1) -> PRD(1)
  2. Then move TRs which are already in PRD(1) to PRD (2) :   DEV(1) -> Q&A(2) ->  P-PRD(2) -> PRD(2)   using !!!the same!!! Urgent Change
  3. Create Normal Change for both landscapes, and move TRs simultaneously in both landscapes.

Is it really possible with ChaRM 7.1???

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M M,

1. Create Urgent Change and move TRs ONLY to PRD(1)  :   DEV(1) -> Q&A(1) ->  P-PRD(1) -> PRD(1) -> possible, just select the iBase of prod1 system and it's transported to this track only.
  2. Then move TRs which are already in PRD(1) to PRD (2) :   DEV(1) -> Q&A(2) ->  P-PRD(2) -> PRD(2)   using !!!the same!!! Urgent Change -> Possible with report Report
    /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST
  3. Create Normal Change for both landscapes, and move TRs simultaneously in both landscapes. -> not possible simultanously , you can distribute to multiple test systems but not like this. Why do you want it in the second prod system? Is is more kind of a retrofit or a parallel system with the same stack? This would be two normal changes under one RfC with different iBases of both prod systems which means the change (the Request for Change) is the hook for both systems but you would have to trigger the import manually or via batchground job.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M M,

just one note about topic 3) If cCTS is integrated into ChaRM this will be possible as well. In a the near future release.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Few more questions (please find my comments below):

Create Urgent Change and move TRs ONLY to PRD(1)  : DEV(1) -> Q&A(1) -> P-PRD(1) -> PRD(1) -> possible, just select the iBase of prod1 system and it's transported to this track only.

Then move TRs which are already in PRD(1) to PRD (2) :   DEV(1) -> Q&A(2) ->  P-PRD(2) -> PRD(2)   using !!!the same!!! Urgent Change -> Possible with report Report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST   > my client doesn’t like this option and insisted to have sort of approval mechanism for PRD(2) system as well as for PRD(1). I know it sounds strange, but this is my client’s requirements. Is any way to use the same UC while running the report? I’m not sure...

Create Normal Change for both landscapes, and move TRs simultaneously in both landscapes. -> not possible simultanously , you can distribute to multiple test systems but not like this. Why do you want it in the second prod system? > this is my client’s requirement, I’m afraid.

Is is more kind of a retrofit or a parallel system with the same stack? There are parallel SAP ECC systems used for 2 geographical regions.

This would be two normal changes under one RfC with different iBases of both prod systems which means the change (the Request for Change) is the hook for both systems but you would have to trigger the import manually or via batchground job.

Thanks & regards,

MM

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

sorry to say, there is no authorization procedure for the report that I know of. It would involve customer development to maybe integrate an approval workflow in the report. Or to enhance the task list report for manual import.

For 3.) Then you have to wait for cCTS Integration with ChaRM, right now it's in pilot phase, it's planned for SP08 global avaibility (no gurantee here).

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thank you so much for all your help I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

MM

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have exactly the same scenario (one logical development system which feeds two productive landscapes because of region & timezone: one PRD system for Europe and one for APAC).

Our solution for the normal change was to switch the "Tested OK" approval from a PPF action to an approval assignment block with an approval procedure containing the functions "Tester" and "Parallel Tester". Only when both regional business departments give their ok the change goes into both production systems