cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 - "delete current mapping" missing in Data-Flow editor; delete multiple field mappings at once

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

hi gurus:)

2 questions to graphical mapping in PI 7.3:

1) in Data-Flow editor there is a button missing "delete current mapping". Is it really missing and can be activated somehow, or it is not there from 7.3 onwards?

2) is there any method to delete field mapping for more than one field at once? Example: I have a structure which i mapped 1:1 automatically (using "Map selected fields and substructures if names are identical"). Now the structure is BIG and I would like to change the mapping, just delete field mapping for the half of them. Is it possible?

thanks & cheers

simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Now the structure is BIG and I would like to change the mapping, just delete field mapping for the half of them. Is it possible? 

Well if the structure is an existing one and it has lot of fields and want to make changes(add/delete) in the middle and update the mapping to the new changes, you might want to see correct structural inconsistencies feature. This mighe be helpful

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-correct-str...

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

thank you for your attempt to answer. It is however an answer to some other question. I do not want to change the mapping adding or deleting fields as your link suggest.

Again, I have a BIG structure which mapping is already done, and now I want to delete the field mapping for the half of the fields of this mapping. There is a button for deleting the whole graphical mapping, but this is not, what I am aiming for. The only way I can do it now, is to click on every target field out of 100s and remove its mapping manually, there is not even a button to "Delete Current Mapping" as stated in sap.help.com, unless I misunderstood the help description.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/f414eeeaca4c86e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm

Maybe I am using 'wrong' JRE which is at the moment: 1.7.0_04 on Win7

any other hints?

cheers

simon

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Szymon,

You can right-click the fields you don't want to be mapped, and choose the "Disable Field" option. This way you won't have to delete the mappings. Simply the mapping rules will not be applied to this particular target field, so it won't be created at runtime. You can also disable whole nodes (structures) with their subnodes (fields). It seems to be a nice solution for your needs.

Regards,

Greg

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Yes that is a known option, but rather to keep available mappings 'for later'. It was worth a shot, I guess it is a nice-to-have option to be implemented in the future releases (I hope PI gods are listening carefully ...)

Thank you though for the answers.

As for the 'missing' button, well I tried different JREs from 1.5 to 1.7 without success, no such button there. Also the hidden menu of data-flow editor is gone, except for "Tree Info" (Shift+Ctrl+right-click) on target structure.

cheers

Simon

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Help link you mentioned says,

Delete Current Mapping

Deletes the target field mapping currently displayed.

I believe, even if that button is enabled you can delete only that particular target field mapping currently displayed in Data-Flow Editor, and you have to do that individually for each target field where mapping has to be deleted.

szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Naturally this button would not solve the problem of mass deletion of graph. field mappings at all, that's why 2 separate questions. It would, however make the area to click on a bit more reachable and always at the same spot, so removing field mappings individually would be at least a tiny bit more comfortable.

I guess I will summarize at this point:

1) the button 'Delete Current Mapping' is indeed missing, reason unknown

2) there is definitely no option in data-flow editor to delete multiple(but not all of them) field mappings at once, apart from using "Clear Mapping" function, which clears the whole mapping.

thanks

simon