cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic import STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have planned a periodic job (every 5 min) with program RSTMS_DIST_APPROVED_REQUESTS on DEV System. so the requests are imported automaticaly to the virtual sytem.

there any method to be able to run any job... to import this requests from this virtual system to the QAS system?

i think its possible just manually but i want to confirm with you.

thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

nada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SreeniC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nada,

Before you start configuring your transport system for QA auto-imports, you must first make a few decisions.

How often do you want transports automatically imported into your QA system(s) once the transport has been released? There are several options to choose from. Some of the more common are: Once per day, once per hour, or as often as every 15 minutes.
Note once a transport is released, or manually added to the import buffer, it will be automatically imported into the QA system(s) the next time the auto-import job executes.
Prior to performing the actual configuration you must clean up the contents of the QA system(s) import buffer. The first execution of the auto-import job will import ALL transports currently in the QA system(s) buffer.

Step by step procedure for auto import  is available on SAP Help, below is the link for the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/ea253715dfb808e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,
Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nada,

Make sure you have your transport routes defined so that a request released in Dev goes to Virtual system and gets imported with you your job. Later which this transport request should appear in QAS import queue.

Once the request is in QAS queue, you can schedule auto import job to import these requests.

To schedule auto import job, select import all button and select import later with frequency you want the requests needs to be imported in QAS. This automatically schedules auto import job.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

You can schedule a periodic import job in QAS to import this transports. Use STMS for that. I don't see why that is a worry. Also please check OSS note 313991 one for this.

However what I don't understand is why Development is acting as Quality Assurance  system !!Really weird.

Regards.

Ruchit.