cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launch an URL within same browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP WebDynproExperts,

Here is a short scenario description what I want to achieve.

I have a ABAP WebDynpro Component which has "Input-Parameters" (Parameters of the Inbound-Plug - Default). Within the handledefault Method I want to call one of my own Function module which generates another URL.

Now I want to launch this URL directly in the same browser window directly without putting the URL on an button. So the ABAP WebDynpro Component/Window/View has no UI elements itself - it should just be used to parse the "importing paramaters" via the url parameters to the backend and executing the URL without user interaction.

Unfortunately I was not able to find a WD specific method how to call a URL in the same browser window? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you & kind regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can also use an exit-plug in case you don't need to return data from the new application to the current one. This will make sure that the current application is stopped and completely removed from memory.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you take a look at and

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

thanks for that. But that was not what I am looking for. Maybe it is unclear what I need.

I try to reduce my point:

Simplified I have the following coding in the implementation of Method "handledefault":

METHOD handledefault .

DATA: l_url type string.

l_url = 'http://www.sap.com'.

????

ENDMETHOD.

I am looking for an ABAP WD command with which I can start this URL in the same browser window?

Thank & kind regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel.

If you define an Outbound Plug type Suspend (OP_TEST) in your window you can

use the following code in handledefault:

wd_this->fire_op_test_plg(
    url = 'http://www.sap.com'
  ).

Suspend Outboundplugs take the parameter URL per default.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sascha