cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 during synchronization UMAM_I03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following issue with our MAU application. I install a client, synchronize and I get a DeviceID and the MAU application. During the next synchronization (initial sychronization) I get the message:

Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Problems occurred during the synchronization: Contact your system administrator

In the merep_mon I can see that the UMAM_I03 is still in "processing" and the function module ISU_SSYNC_I03_GETDETAIL is called with the different reading units. But the client has finished the synchronization. The UMAM_I03 needs round about 10 minutes to process all the data, but the client finished the synchronisation after 3 minutes, much to early for the MI. In the client trace I can find the message:

HttpSynchronizer caught exception java.io.IOException:

Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:

http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/meSync.

If I wait until the UMAM_I03 is finished in the merep_mon, the next synchronization is runnnig without any problems. Until I do the sync again and I get the same problem.

I implemented the note 1001292, as I could find in the forum, but this has no effect to my issue. Has anyone an idea?

We are running SP 18 on the server and SP 18 Patch 2 on the client.

Greetings,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai

Note 1001292 has a mandatory note no 984207 that also needs to be applied. Have you done this??? Also please refer to following forum posts which could help you solve the problem.https:// and

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I implemented also the note 984207 of course.

We are using the sync servlet for the synchronization, so we do NOT use the ABAP synchronization. Is the parameter still the same? I would expect that I have to set a parameter in the visual administrator..? But I will look for the parameter in the ICM and try to increase the timeout.

Greetings,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the parameter and the issue is solved.

Thanks,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

What value did you assign to the timeout parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I'm unable to make the change to the icm/keep_alive_timeout" nor the "icm/server_port_<xx>" parameters using SMICM or RZ11. I can change some parameters but not these. Is there a setting I need to activate, a special authorization I need, or something else in order to update these parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we set the value to 900.

I did not do it myself, thats why I do not know how we set the parameter.

Sorry,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anyway. I found a former colleague who showed me how to use RZ10 to change the parameter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

please check the timeout of your HTTP(S) process (processing timeout). To do so call transaction SMICM and check the details for your sync protocol.

Rgds Thomas