cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Dates Vs Actual Dates for Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i confirm an activity the planned dates are replaced with the actual dates. This way i am not able to view the planned vs actual dates scenario.

Can you please suggest a solution wherein the planned dates remain as they are even after confirmation.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you start to enter actual dates, transfer dates planned previously ( basic dates) to the set of dates for alternative time scheduling (forecast dates)

Using 'Set of dates/ View' in planning board you can compare Basic ,actual date and forecast date.

To do that.. select all objects choose Select All

In menu Edit> Reconsile Date> Transfer Basic Date to forecast.

in general you can say No to the  dialog box apprar...

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs Tony. But my query exactly is that why should confirmation result into the replacement of planned dates with the actual dates.Why shouldnt the planned dates be left unchanged after confirmation? Or is there some setting which would help us to achieve this? Or is this the standard system behaviour.

I am already using the functioanlity of transferring basic dates to forecast dates before confirmations.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP Singh,

Managing control Parameters for Scheduling (OPTQ) you can decide whether the Basic dates can be adjusted or not.

As you know only WBS have Basic, Forecast and Actual dates.

As far as activity concerned we have Early Start/ Finish and Late Start/ Finish dates and Actual dates. Once you enter the actual dates and schedule it will be copied to Early Start/ Finish and Late Start/ Finish to schedule entire network correctly. Point to note here, there is no concept of planned date in activities.

Just double click on WBS and Activites in Planning Board and refer date tab for each to understand the difference.

I know this is not the correct answer to your question but but just sharing my understanding on scheduling and dates.

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly your issue is that after entering actual dates, system is rescheduling all dependent activities and coming with new set of planned dates use.(please correct me if I am wrong)

In this case it is suggested that you save the project with a  version every time you are doing rescheduling. this will make sure that you have baseline dates available for comparison.

regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... you are right. When I am entering the actual dates the system is coming with a new set of planned dates-which is the set of actual dates put into the system at the time of confirmation.

Am i missing some configuration in PS which is resulting into this behavoiur?I can make a new version of the project before scheduling and as suggested by Erhard the planned dates can be copied into the forecast dates.But is the behaviour of the system standard when it is copying the actual dates in the planned dates?Or am i missing out on something?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please suggest a solution for the query of mine. Or even if it can be confirmed that there is some config setting that can help in sorting out the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B P

as I know the planned dates are NOT replaced by the actual dates when entering it. When you confirm an activity you have to indicate the effective (actual) start end end date of the activity. This dates then are copied into the new time circuit actual dates and can be visualized in the gantt chart seperatly.

But maybe your system is setup like you explained and I don't know all the possibilities in the SAP system. But the scenario you described I would suggest to copy the basic dates to the forecast dates first and then confirm the activities. Afterwards you can visualize the basic and the forecast dates in the gantt chart.

Hope this helps

best