cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the runtime from 'Flex 2.0' back to 'Flash'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Last few month, I using SP9 for Visual Composer, the runtime is 'Flash', work nice and no problems at all.

However, after patching from SP9 to SP11, the runtime not longer have 'Flash', but only have 'Flash(Flex2.0)', and all the table layout change and have problems when sort the table.

May I know how to change the runtime back to 'Flash'? I dun wan downgrade to SP9.

Thanks and regards,

Derrick Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

If you were using Visual Composer 7.01 (with SP9) then you were already using flex 2.0, as this is the only flex version available in 7.01. In SP11 the title was changed so it would be clearer which runtime is being used (as there are several flex versions) but the version itself remaind the same.

To summerise- I don't think the problem you are facing is related to the flex version since it is the same as before. I would look into SAP notes for a a solution to the sorting problem you are experiencing or to open a ticket.

Best regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Thanks for quick reply 😃

For SP9, the runtime I can choose either 'Flex' or 'Flash'. Do you mean the 'Flash' actually is 'Flex2.0'?

Now SP11, not only the header title change, even the font size is not same, but the most torturing is the sorting problem.

Last time SP9, runtime using 'Flash':--

Now SP11, runtime using 'Flash(Flex2.0)':--

1. The font size 'PO Doc No.' is not same with font size 'PO Item No.'

2. if header title too long, dint go to second line, but show '...' (eg: PN Doc...)

3. When click sorting, all header title blank.

I will post a question to OSS, but do you have any idea or have any alternative way to help my current situation first like change some setting in portal admin side? I just hope I can set the runtime back to 'Flash'...

Sorry any inconvenient cause and thanks.

Best regards,

Derrick Tan

Message was edited by: Derrick Tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

There are two flex version in Visual Composer.

What used to be "Flash (1.5)" is now named "Flash (Flex 1.5)".

What used to be "Flash" is now named "Flash (Flex 2.0)".

This is what made me to believe that you are talking about the same flex version, just with different naming convention.

However, the changing of the font is weird as this shouldn't happen if you are using the same runtime as before.

I can tell you that regarding header title, in flex 2.0 it is always wrapped (skips to another line if too long) so what you are describing shouldn't happen.

The problem with the sorting also doesn't happen for me when I use flex 2.0.

Perhaps something went wrong with your upgrade process?

I recommend reinstalling the latest version of SP11 on your system (including the most updated patches).

Best regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Basic consultant re-patching my system today. However, the problems still the same which the header title din't wrapped and have problems when sorting.

I already post a question to OSS around a week, but they haven't response yet.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Derrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

No, sorry...

I guess opening the OSS ticket would be the best solution.

Best regards,

Udi

Answers (0)