cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web-service parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

please can anybody give me a brief description of following web-services parameters.

1)useportalNavigation

2)hook_url

3)target

4)caller

5)okcode

6)systemalias

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

in addition to Sunil's answer:

Following parameters are always needed, and have to stay at the end of the call structure:

HOOK_URL                         Return URL

~target               top               Fixed Value

~caller               CTLG          Fixed Value

~OkCode          ADDI            Fixed Value

UseportalNavigation and system_alias are to be used, when you have SRM-MDM Catalog installed on the same application server as the portal. These parameters have to stay before the HOOK_URL.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Please can u give more detail about these parameters, specialy about points you just explained.

and why these should come before hook_url. whats this hook_url actualy represents.

Thanks

Nitish sharma

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

actually HOOK_URL is dividing the parameters used for catalog call and the parameters used for return to the SRM application. Generally, parameters which influence the catalog call have to stay before the HOOK_URL.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your help.

please can you provide me some doc or link which explained it more, i am not getting exactly.

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

please also check the OCI 4.0 documentation (you can download it from the SAP Service Marketplace, e.g. service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700004942832004E).

Depending on your SRM release level, following notes might be useful too:

1287412 Prerequisites for OCI integration in SRM 7.0

1532055 SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 - FAQ

1534849 Catalog support for multiple instances of MDM on same server

1294571 Enable Inbound Handler depending upon SPRO customization

1171916 Enable "Back to SRM" link depending upon SPRO customization

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Timea,

In my project, we implemented :-

1) usePortalNavigation before all parameters, and system_alias=sap srm after all parameters. can you tell me what is the impact of this?

2) usePortalNavigation = X  , can you tell me why it is X here.?

3)hook_url is empty , can you tell why it is empty, is it not needed?

4)target=top, why??

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Below are the definitions of some parameters

HOOK_URL: The URL used to return to the Enterprise Buyer application from the catalog application.

Target: Specifies the frame to which a catalog is to return in a frame-based environment. If this field is not set, the catalog application must provide a default target of_top.

Caller: Indicates that the data was sent by an external catalog.Content must be set to CTLG.

OK Code: Contains the transaction code indicating that the function Add Items to SAP shopping basket is to be performed. Must be set to ADDI for Enterprise Buyer.

Regards

Sunil