SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget type for consumable budget

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I want to know significance of defining multiple budget types. What if we define one budget type and assign it all processes, Is budget type used to distinguish something. I am not clear about its concept. Until now i have been using only one budget type and have assigned all processes to it. Moreover i want to know what is consumable budget, for me every budget is consumable , in customizing it is required that budget type for consumable budgets to be defined separately. Please guide me.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For you could be that every budget is consumable, but in some scenarios it's not. Sometimes, you might want to enter the budget, but not to consume it. The same goes for budget type: you can manage with one, but in certain business scenarios you might have several: different source of budget, different consumption rules, etc.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

If we do not want to post budget but simple budget it , then in these instances wouldn't the use version field in FMBB will do the job. Can you please give me some example of budget type e.g for an educational institute what would be budget type if their prime resource of funding is industries.Will it create any issue if i keep one budget type and assign all processed to it?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, no issue if you use onez budget type. As I said, if you don't need several types, don't create them. What do you mean bu 'simple' budget? You have also planning funcitonality in PSM-FM, where you can plan your budget, which later could be converted to budget. So, consider this option...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi:

I meant from it that use of version 1 can allow you to budget the item but not actually post or consume them. So if i want to specify a which budget type is consumable and which is not , i will have to make use of this future "define budget type for consumable budget"? If yes then once a budget type as defined in consumable budget type category, it will be used for consumable budgets and a budget posted with those non consumable budget type will not be consumable ...Right ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes and no. I mean, that the purpose of 'budget type' is not just to be used in consumable/non-consumable definitions. It could be used by other means: reports, some user-specific checks (when entering the budget, for example), etc.

As for versions: yes, only version '0' is considered as actual.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards