cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different billing number issue at port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

My client is into export and in our cycle we create a proforma invoice wrt a delivery and submit it to customs and GSP, CEPA, SAFTA etc. Later PGI is done and commercial invoice is taken. One issue that the client is facing at certain port is that since both proforma and commercial invoice numbers are different, the customs authorities at customer's country are levying penalty (especially at Romania, Japan etc). The solution that I have given is to provide both proforma and commercial invoices to the client, so that proforma can be given in customs office and commercial invoice at bank. Is that the solution or is there any other workaround? I have also given reference of proforma in commercial invoice output.

Thanks in advance

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the general issue many exporters are facing in India.

Coming to your query, based on the comments what you had indicated, there should not be any change in quantity once the customs officials acknowledge the proforma.  Having said this, you can straightaway do PGI and create commercial invoice which can be served for all purpose (customs, bank and customer).

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

This solution was suggested, but the client wants to do the PGI only at the time of Actual movement of goods from stock and also they want to create the commercial invoice based on it. Thats why i was  searching for some other options as it should be a common issue as you suggested. Thanks for all your feedback

Regards

Harish

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it looks more of process issue and not system issue. If the customer does not like to good issue, then atleast the delivery should be completed with picking status before creating the proforma invoice. The copy control routines can be modified to check the picking status of the delivery, which should have as completed. By this way the quantity is reserved for this delivery and when commercial invoice is created, it matches proforma invoice.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. Closing this thread.

Regards

Harish

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

You said that you create Delivery & then create Proforma Invoice. Later you do PGI & create Commercial Invoice.

I have one question here - Is there any Quantity difference in when you do PGI? I means say that y ou create Delivery for 100 TONS but later on change & do PGI only for 98 TONS.

If above is not the case, then you can create Commercial Invoice with reference to Delivery & submit the same to authorities. Later on you can do PGI when good actually leave the post.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually once proforma is created, we dont change the delivery quantity even if there is shortage of goods. It will be adjusted later. Thanks for your suggestion. Let me check the option what you have told

Regards

Harish

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just for your information, if you want to create Invoice before PGI then you need to assign Routine no. 11 - Head.dlv-rel.w/o GI in your Delivery to Invoice Copy Control (T-Code - VTFL)

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but Can say you are following the wrong practice.

Proforma invoice is generally for customer, to get an idea of amount of final bill. Its not for the custom  authority.

Please provide proforma invoice only to client and final invoice to custom authority and client.

Regards,

M T

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea?