cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy WD Java ear via JSPM in NW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to migrate our custom Java web dynpro code from NW 7.01 EHP1 to NW7.3 SPS4. We have quite a few Java Web Dynpro applications running on our current Portal system. When we are trying to deploy the ear's to the new 7.3 Portal one of the ear fails with the below message.

> None of registered containers recognized the files from [accountmgmt.ear] application.

Hint: 1) The given archive file is not a valid Java EE or SAP specific application.; 2) A wrong zero admin template in use.'.

This ear gets deployed fine our current Portal via SDM but it fails in 7.3 via JSPM.

Can someone tell me what could be the reason for this?

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to migrate your dc to nw7.3.

old ear cannot be deployed directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

How do we migrate? do we have to do the NWDI migration first?

Regards

Prakash

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

were those DC hosted in NWDI?

if yes, you have to

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Prakash

First step to migrate the components to 7.3 version is to configure your NWDI track, so that its compatible with 7.3 version and also JDK 1.6 version.

See this link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2f8c4856ab58d5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys..

When i am creating the new track its asking for the Application type which has options like WD APP 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2. Our Current version is 7.0 but what should i select when i am creating the track in 7.3.

Regards

Prakash

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can go with 7.2. it is just template, you can change it later

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to migrate most of my old DC's to the 7.3 but one of them is giving an error when i am trying to migrate the Component. When i right click on the component and select Migrate i get the below error.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.componentmigration.internal.steps.ImplementInterfaceControllerStep.doesInterfaceControllerDefineMappingToComponentController(ImplementInterfaceControllerStep.java:52)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.componentmigration.internal.steps.ImplementInterfaceControllerStep.getDescription(ImplementInterfaceControllerStep.java:36)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.componentmigration.internal.StepWriter.write(StepWriter.java:35)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.componentmigration.Migrator.createXMLFile(Migrator.java:177)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.componentmigration.Migrator.run(Migrator.java:61)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.migration.actions.MigrateComponentAction.run(MigrateComponentAction.java:52)

at com.sap.ide.tools.core.viewerfwk.internal.actions.BaseSelectionSingleAction.run(BaseSelectionSingleAction.java:39)

at com.sap.ide.tools.core.viewerfwk.internal.actions.BaseSelectionAction.runInternal(BaseSelectionAction.java:79)

at com.sap.ide.tools.core.viewerfwk.internal.actions.BaseSelectionAction.run(BaseSelectionAction.java:71)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:168)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)