cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating a calculated attribute in an analytic view in HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined an analytic view based upon a fact table. The fact table stores certain date values as numbers, but they are in a format that corresponds to yyyymmdd. For example, there might be this number: 20120529.  I want to turn these back into dates. I tried parsing it out in three pieces, then putting them back together in date format, this way:

calc-attr name: varchar_yyyy

type: varchar 4

expression: if("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK"='99999','',leftstr("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK",4))

calc-attr name: varchar_mm

type: varchar 2

expression: if("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK" ='99999','',midstr("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK",5,2))

calc-attr name: varchar_dd

type: varchar 2

expression: if("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK" ='99999','',midstr("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK",7,2))

calc-attr name: date_conversion_test2

type: date

expression: date("varchar_yyyy","varchar_mm","varchar_dd")

So, the idea is to parse out each piece of the number into strings that correspond to the components of the date, then convert them into a date type. The second parm of each of the first three expressions is two single-quotes in a row, not one double-quote.

These parse fine-- I get "Valid Expression" for each one. However, when I try to activate the view I get the error in the attached text file.

Any advice wil be greatly appreciated. I will turn this into a support case if need be.

I'm using version 28.

TIA,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Here is the text of the attachment, for those of you who do not have WinRAR:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><createCubeResult

version="1.0"><status><message>Inconsistent calculation

model</message><errorCode>34011</errorCode></status><details><errors><detail><element>CalculationNode (finalAggregation) ->

attributes -> calculatedAttribute (varchar_mm) -> expression</element><code>46</code><message>Expression is not valid:

Evaluator: type error in expression

evaluator;TK_STRING_FUNCTION<VALUE_CLASS_STRING>(TK_IF_FUNCTION(TK_EQ[here](TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK", VALUE_CLASS_INT>,

TK_CONSTANT<"99999", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>), TK_CONSTANT<"", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>,

TK_MIDSTR_FUNCTION(TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK", VALUE_CLASS_INT>, TK_CONSTANT<"5", VALUE_CLASS_250(1)>, TK_CONSTANT<"2",

VALUE_CLASS_250(1)>)))</message></detail><detail><element>CalculationNode (finalAggregation) -> attributes ->

calculatedAttribute (varchar_dd) -> expression</element><code>46</code><message>Expression is not valid: Evaluator: type error

in expression evaluator;TK_STRING_FUNCTION<VALUE_CLASS_STRING>(TK_IF_FUNCTION(TK_EQ[here](TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK",

VALUE_CLASS_INT>, TK_CONSTANT<"99999", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>), TK_CONSTANT<"", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>,

TK_MIDSTR_FUNCTION(TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK", VALUE_CLASS_INT>, TK_CONSTANT<"7", VALUE_CLASS_250(1)>, TK_CONSTANT<"2",

VALUE_CLASS_250(1)>)))</message></detail><detail><element>CalculationNode (finalAggregation) -> attributes ->

calculatedAttribute (varchar_yyyy) -> expression</element><code>46</code><message>Expression is not valid: Evaluator: type

error in expression

evaluator;TK_STRING_FUNCTION<VALUE_CLASS_STRING>(TK_IF_FUNCTION(TK_EQ[here](TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK", VALUE_CLASS_INT>,

TK_CONSTANT<"99999", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>), TK_CONSTANT<"", VALUE_CLASS_STRING>,

TK_LEFTSTR_FUNCTION(TK_ID<"CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK", VALUE_CLASS_INT>, TK_CONSTANT<"4",

calculatedAttribute (date_conversion_test2) -> expression</element><code>46</code><message>Expression is not valid: Evaluator:

type error in expression

evaluator;TK_DAYDATE_FUNCTION<VALUE_CLASS_DAYDATE>(TK_DATE_FUNCTION[here]<VALUE_CLASS_DATE>(TK_ID<"varchar_yyyy",

VALUE_CLASS_STRING(4)>, TK_ID<"varchar_mm", VALUE_CLASS_STRING(2)>, TK_ID<"varchar_dd",

VALUE_CLASS_STRING(2)>))</message></detail></errors><warnings><detail><element>cubeSchema</element><code>46</code><message>Def

ault language not set. Use 'en'</message></detail></warnings></details></createCubeResult>

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I figured out a solution a while ago and thought I would share it here, for posterity.

It was simpler than I originally suspected.

Step one:

convert the date-stored-as-an-integer to CHAR 8:

Name: CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_char

Expression:

string("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_SK")

Step two:

convert the CHAR to a date, while accounting for the default value of 99999 and setting it to a default date of 1/1/1900

Name: CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_date

Expression:

if("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_char"='99999',date('1900-01-01'),date("CLM_CAPITN_ADMIT_DT_char"))

Answers (0)