cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Structure - BPDummy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company's implementation of Access Control 10.0 created the following entry in our DEV, Test and Prod System:

GRC

Master Data

Business Processes

Process Structure

BPDummy (Process)

BSPDummy (Subprocess)

This entry was created automatically from configuration done for Access Control.  My Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Team would

like to remove this entry from the Production system or expire it.

If the BPDummy entry is expired, will it "break" the functionality of Access Control 10.0?  Could this entry be renamed?

Any entries created for Process Control were entered in SPRO using "Set Up Structure: Expert Mode".

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thanks,

D Wiley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wiley,

As per the functionality of 10.0, when a mitigation control is created without any business process and sub business process, the system automatically creates a dummy Business Process (BPDUMMY) and a dummy sub business process (SBPDUMMY) in the Process structure. 

You can refer to SAP note 1671739.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeshwari.  I looked for a similar note yesterday, but my template was restricted to Access Control.  This SAP note was very helpful!!

Donna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You make the comment that you used Expert Mode for entering Process Control entries.  As a matter of recorde,it is never a good idea to create this master data in SPRO, with the possible exception of the top node for organizations and one subsidiary node.  Master Data for Process Control should always be entered in the front-end (NWBC or Portal) or by one of the upgrade tools, MDUG or CLM.  There are certain validations and linkages performed when the master data is entered through the user interface, and this does not happen when the master data is entered in the IMG.  It is recommended that Expert Mode be used for troubleshooting only, with a few exceptions. 

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wiley,

As Rajeshwari said, this entry is created automatically while creating mitigation control.

If the entry expires, the functionality of Access Control will not expired.

In future if you dont want such entry to be created , kindly create mitigation control after creating a business process and business subprocess as control can only be created in subprocess which is created in process.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Silky, explanation was very helpful.

Donna