cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign Cleansing Package Builder (CPB) permission without using pre-definted CPB group

former_member280200
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to assing CPB permission without having to assign the user to the pre-defined CPB group?

Here is what we are trying to do;

1. We have 2 projects (A & B) and users (1 & 2)

2. We have it setup so that User 1 has access to project A and user 2 has access to project B - they only see their project when log into Information Steward.  This is working as intended.

3.. We want each of these users to be able to build their own CP, however if we add them into the pre-definted CPB group then they will see each other project - the client does not want that.

I have looked through all the permission and I don't see a permission that specifically mentioned "Cleansing Package".  is it possible to implement this?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The users will only see each other’s projects in CPB once they have published the cleansing package and then only in read-only mode.  Note: The User_A could import in User_B's cleansing package (CP) and create their own version of User_B's CP, but if User_A decides to republished the cleansing package it will have to be republished with a new cleansing package name.

If the both cleansing packages are used by the same Data Services (and using the same BOE) then there is not an option for the user to not see the other users published cleansing package.  If they want Data Services to have access to both of the CPs, there are no permissions that could be set to change this.  If DS would only need to see one CP then they could setup completely different environments with separate BOEs.

Thanks,

Lynne

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

Or did you mean that the CPB user group was added to the Data Insight role?

Thanks,

Lynne

former_member280200
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

What I mean is if you want to restrict user by project then that user cannot be in the CPB group because once you add the same user to the CPB group then by default that user has access to ALL DI projects, for example:  User A should only have access to Project 1 only but if User A is a member of the CPB group then User A can access all the DI projects that we have by default.  This is not what we want.

Lynne  

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

We are doing some checking here.  We will keep you posted on what we find out.

Thank you for the clarification.

Lynn

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

This has been written up in Adapt.  However there is a work around.  I will email you a word document that has the steps/screen shots to explain how to work around this issue.

Thanks,

Lynne

former_member280200
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

Any words on the work around?

Thank you.

Lynne Vu

Lynne_Lintelman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynne,

I sent the email with the workaround attached on Friday, June 1st at 2:15 CST.  I just resent it.

Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Thanks,

Lynne