cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc adapter scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending data to xi from sap r/3 using an rfc and from xi the data will go to an ftp server using file adapter. I am a little confused regarding the inbound and outbound settings in xi for this scenario. Should the rfc mesage interfcae be an inbound or outbound in this case. If you see from r/3 point of vie, it's an outbound but from xi point of vie it's an inbound. Pl. explain me the setting of mapping interfcae and communication channels to be maintained. Do I have to define an interface for RFC or can we use the imported RFC object directly as in case with idocs. It's an custom RFC.

Thanks,

Jassi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario is basically RFC-XI-File.

In IR:

Import your RFC from R3 and crete a RFC Outbound message interface.

File inbound Message interface where you have to create a message type and datatype for it.

Then message mapping and interface mapping.

In ID:

Sender RFC communication channel and Reciver File communication channel.

Then create sender and receiver agreements and Receiver and interface determination.

Then test the scenario.

...Satish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the entire scenario as per the above discussion. But when I ran my abap program that contains the rfc call, I don't see any messages in monitoring. I have checked the rfc destination, it seems to be correct and it is registerd in smgw also. Can you pl. guide what else can I check to make sure that the scenario starts working.

Thanks,

jassi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this weblog where he has shown how to troubleshoot RFC Scenarios:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Also see OSS notes: 730870

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi,

Are you calling the RFC in backaground? Please check SM58 for the errors. Probably you are missing the sender agreement..

-Jagathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to do a configuration test in integration builder but it failed at receiver determination with the following error:

Internal Error

HTTP connection to ABAP Runtime failed. Error: 403 Forbidden URL: http://hmsnsw04.hms.phlhosting.sap:8001/sap/xi/simulation?sap-client=001 User: PIDIRUSER

Is it due to some system settings or due to my configuration ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below blog clearly explains the different Http errors in XI.You need to refer the SAP Notes as mentioned in the Blog.

<a href="/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi Error in XI</a>

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Joslyn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the case of rfc, we get three message types in xi..one is the rfc, 2nd is response and the third is exception. I guess in my case, we have to use the response method as I am sending data from sap to xi using rfc. Pl. correct me if I am wrong here. I have created a outbound message interface using response message type in integration builder. Next I have created a message mapping between zrfc.response and the inbound file message interface. But in interface mapping, it is not giving me the option to choose response message. Just the zrfc. If I select that, interface mapping does not get activated because of different message types. Pl. let me know what is the correct way to set up this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi,

If you are calling the RFC in background in SAP it will be an asynchronous call so you don't need the RFC response message. The RFC message (not the response) will be outbound and the file adapter message will be inbound.

If you initiate the RFC call in SAP (without background phrase) then it will be an synchronous call and you will have to use it as an synchrnous message in XI. Even with this setup the RFC message (not the response) will be outbound except that you will have to use the RFC response message as the response for the synchronous call. In this case you will need 2 mappings.

Use the first option of asynchronous call to simplify. Hope this clears up your doubts.

-Jagathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jassi, I know what you mean it is a little confusing but this point of view help me to figured out: you must see the interfaces without the XI, I mean if you send data from SystemA to SystemB (through XI) you must see that the message on the SystemA is the outbound and the the SystemB message is the inbound message. So if you send data from R/3 via RFC then this is your outbound message and the message which recieves the data via ftp is the inbound message.

I hope it help or at least not creates more confusion hehe.

Regards

Omar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jassi,

you will import the RFC just as an IDOC is imported in XI.

The Outbound message interface will be having the RFC message from SAP R/3 to XI.

The Inbound message interface will be the target message which you will send from XI to FTP server.

In your configuration, you will have a receiver agreement having the file adapter comm channel which will use FTP protocol.

You will have a reciver detemination and an interface determination in which you will tell the source system is SAP R/3 and target system is your XI Machine which will get target data from your inbound interface and send to your FTP Server via file adapter using FTP.

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA