cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter error - java.lang.NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an interesting error going from SAP (IDoc INVOIC.INVOIC02) through PI and out as a SOAP message through a SOAP adapter to a webservice. The message appears to process fine in SXI_MONITOR but the webservice never receives the message. Digging into the RWB the SOAP adapter gives the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message; nested exception caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

I should mention we're running into this issue after an upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0 unicode but to my knowledge the IDoc has not changed. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the message tool audit from RWB:

Audit Log for Message: e1a9a6e3-205b-54f1-becf-0050568364ce
2012-05-29 08:56:56SuccessMessage successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://paasap.aaa.aaanet.com:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIAFUSER
2012-05-29 08:56:56SuccessUsing connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessMessage successfully put into the queue.
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessThe message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessThe message status set to DLNG.
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessDelivering to channel: Generic_to_WS_Soap_Receiver
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessMP: Entering module processor
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessMP: Processing local module localejbs/AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessAnonimizer: anonymizing XML ...
2012-05-29 08:56:57SuccessAnonimizer: successfully anonymized
Former Member
0 Kudos

And detail display...

Message Data
StatusSystem Error
RepeatableYes
CancelableYes
Error CategoryXI_J2EE_ADAPTER_ENGINE
Error CodeGENERAL_ERROR
Start29.05.2012 08:56:56
End29.05.2012 09:11:58
baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check in the IE pipeline steps and see where it fails... Null pointer exception could be data which is not available during runtime.  Take the data from SXMB_MONI and analyze the values for the target structure field elements one by one. Also check the occurence of the tag element and see whether you fails due to data issues.  I suspect problem in the mapping area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

The mapping worked properly in the solution coming out of 4.6C. Only after upgrade to ECC6.0 does the error now occur. Since the error occurs only after the upgrade doesn't it stand to reason that there may be an issue with the data coming out of ECC that could be causing this?

Thanks!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you see SXMB_MONI pipeline steps and check any error over there?  This would give idea at what step the error is causing ...  As you know nullpointer exception is a java exception thrown if the value that is mandatory or expected does not available for a variable or in java logic during run time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

The issue I'm having is that there is no error reported in any of the pipeline steps of sxb_moni. According to _moni/_monitor the message processed ok. The issue is that no message was sent from PI to the webservice due to the nullpointer exception that isn't detailed anywhere....

I can't seem to locate a cause of this error. Where (spcifically) might I find the cause?

Thanks!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details.  Another important thing to be verified is see any adapter module in the communication channel that cause this issue? Looks like XMLAnonymizerbean is being used successfully. Check your attribute/values in the adapter modlule appears as given in the runtime. Is there any requirement change for removing namespace prefix or namespace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Here are the module attributes as configured in the SOAP adapter. Hopefully this will help:

And here are the general connection parameters:

(Also, forgot to mention we're on PI 7.0 SP 17)

Thanks!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your target URL is blank.  Hope you are sending the right URL? 

>Error converting Message; nested exception caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Please check your namespaces whether they are removed or added as per the requirement after using XMLanonymizer bean.  Also try to consume this webservice using external test tool like SOAPUI and see how that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Yes I snipped out the target URL from the jpeg. The URL is correct. What do you mean by "Please check your namespaces whether thay are removed or added as per the requirement."?

Thanks!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want you to see whether XMLAnonymizerbean is sending the output with respect to your configuration in the adapter module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would be your recommendation on how to do that?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The similar situation is discussed in the thread.. You might want to see this ...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2084003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Baskar,

All messages from PI from this scenario are failing in PI on the way to the webservice with the java.lang.NullPointerException. This is not an isolated incident within 1000 messages. It happens each time. I'm currently looking at other possibilities but believe I may have to open a ticket with OSS on this one unless you have further ideas?

Thanks,

Don

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you get chance to test the webservice outside PI using webservice test tool like SOAPUI or XMLSPY? This way you confirm that problem is not at webservice end and only at your soap adapter side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

I figured it out. The share to my xsl had been compromised during the upgrade so PI was unable to read my generic mapping. The share has since been properly configured and docs are flying out of PI without issue. Thanks for the assistance!

Don

Answers (0)