cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is HTTP DCN possible in Xcode Iphone simulator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to test HTTP DCN in HWC application by using xcode Iphone simulator.

while posting test DCNs i got reply

{"id":"MyServer2","success":false,"statusMessage":"no workflow message is sent because no device is found to send the notification","result":[]}

Is this maybe due to the fact that DCNs can be delivered only to real devices and not simulator?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihael

Please check the corresponding package's cache tab. whether number of rows increased or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mihael

DCN will work in simulator also. there is no doubt in that, reason for this will be some other issue. probably you can recheck the JSON string what you have sent. and one more question how your triggering the JSON string.

Thanks

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thank you very much on your kindly help...

I am trying to test HTTP DCN by posting this url directly on servers browser

http://localhost:8000/dcn/DCNServlet?cmd=wf&security=admin&domain=default&username=supAdmin&password...

if i post this i get reply as one in the first post. I thisnk User1 exists as it is attached to workflow application in sybase control center and i can open workflow app in simulator as user1.

if i try to use supAdmin as the user in TO:field i have following response

{"id":"192.168.10.7","success":true,"statusMessage":"","result":[]}

but i can not find any messages in inbox when i login as sapAdmin in application.

Somewhere i have read that user must be added in openDS server, to see notifications, is this true? I can not find openDS service in my test SUP 2.1 environment.

Also, do I need notification mailbox configured, or this is not mandatory for HTTP DCNs?

I tried to first use MBO to call some BAPI as someone suggested before using app but this did not help.