cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Error in posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our company, I am doing PGI. in that time, I saw error message shown as "Posting only possible in period 2012/04 and 2013/03 in company code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Nags told, once the material is created it is not possible to change in OMSY. In that case we can only use MMPV.

Just for your information(not to be done in production system ever), in case we have to change in OMSY after material has been created, please delete the assignment of plant to company code, make changes in OMSY and again do plant to company code assignment. This was useful to me during my study days where i accidentally closed the future months.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information for inventory posting we use MMPV to open new period and for billing purpose we use OB52  (settings in FI)to open new period.

Thanks

Sourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go with MMRV and check your posting period . and if it not in current period .. then go with MMPV and change it to current posting period

From Co. code (your co. code)

To company Code (your co. code)

period

Fiscal year

and F8 . then Enter and again Enter..

repeat the above process again n again from your existing period to current year...

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tell me full path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

for MMPV

Logistics ® Materials Management ® Material Master ® Other ® Close Period

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/03/fb58b60d9611d3b65e0000e82d962e/content.htm

for MMRV

Logistics -> Production - Process -> Process Order -> Environment -> Master Data -> Material Master -> Other -> MMRV - Allow Posting to Previous Period

reward points if it is helpful ...

avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

similarly u can check the posting periods in OMSY T-code.

change the year and month.

Regards,

Raviteja

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Once the material is created, u cannot change the year and month in OMSY.

You have to do individually month through MMPV only.

2012/04 and 2013/03 up to this month already over.Now u have to open the month in MMPV for 2012/05 and execute.

I think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Yes Nags is right.

Just for your information if you face any problem related posting period You need to check OB52(for FI) settings also.

Thanks

Sourav