Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement types 261Q and 261E w.r.t RESB table

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In RESB table I found some materials and in MB51 I saw material documents against them few with movement type 261 E & 261 Q with  assignment of sales order and WBS respectively. And in CO03 under assignment tab I could see either sales order number or WBS number.And there is a reservation number also with both the cases of SO and WBS. In case of SO under assignment tab, from where this reservation number is coming?I know  the case of material assignment under activity only.

Also, what is business scenario behind special stock indicator E & Q in the above given movement types ?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

261 is goods issue to pp order.261 E used for sales order stock goods issue to pp orders and 261 Q used for project stock goods issue to pp orders.

Thanks,

Rau

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rau,

Thanks for your response.But in CO03 under assignment tab we have a SO number and a reservation number also. where else (apart from project) we have created this reservation? And in RESB table with respect to a reservation number there is either a WBS or a SO.

What is the business behind this difference in RESB table.?

Please suggest..

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the requirement is triggered from sales order,obviously you will have Sales order stock or check 'requirement class' setting (material master>MRP3>Planning stratagy), where one can also define how the material should be procured/produced i.e. for sales order stock/project order stock.

Sales order stock and project stock are 2 special stocks which are used in business scenarios Make  to order and Project related requirements respectively.

regards,

Mahendra