Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose a service through XI

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have AII and OER in my landscape. I have a requirement where I have to expose a service in OER through XI. The service should be accessible through a link from mobile and it should send information without authentication. The link could be a url also which the end user can access and ask for information. There would be a product and the requirement is to check if the product exists in the database or not and get the response without verification. Is it possible to use it that way?

Can someone provide me inputs regarding this

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The service should be accessible through a link from mobile and it should send information without authentication.

in standard you cannot use SOAP adapter without authentication

>>>The link could be a url also which the end user can access and ask for information.

if you want to have a link and put the material there - you can use HTTP adapter

(where you can skip the authorization easily - with the one on the ABAP stack) so this could be a way to do it - but it depends on your requirements

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The scenario was used without using PI. I am sorry I couldn't update the thread. Thanks to all the helpful answers

Harish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>The link could be a url also which the end user can access and ask for information. There would be a product and the requirement is to check if the product exists in the database or not and get the response without verification. Is it possible to use it that way?

As previous experts mentioned, SOAP adapter requires user authentication.   Instead using soap adatper , you can think about  alternate approach like creating sender java proxy. Search SCN for java proxy scenarios.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont recommend to use PI in this case, better to expose your service as a web service without using PI .