cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Deletion of Table QAMV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is that i need to delete SAP Table QAMV based on field RUECKMELNR.

Are there any related SAP tables to be deleted?

Is there any standard Function Modules available for deletion?

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ,  No ...Not recommanded !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

But the requirement is to delete the entry from table QAMV and store it in a custom table.

Kindly clarify me.

Thanks,

Ramesh

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

In any case/scenario, it is highly NOT recommended to delete any entry from any of the Standard SAP Table. That might cause inconsistency across the data...

If have any specific requirement in which you want to store some data in custom table, you can go ahead & store it... but having the same data in standard SAP table (as a normal function) shouldn't hamper your business requirement. SAP standard tables are very much interlinked to eachother; so just deleting an entry from a single table might cause inconsistencies in data...

Speak to your business owner and try to explain the seriousness of this activity and convince them...

Regards,

Anup

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would propose you go ahead and find out where this requirement is coming from and what is the reason for it. Very questionable though....

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow!  Like everyone one else here is saying...do not delete entries from QAMV. They should only be deleted by the system as part of the SAP archiving process.  As stated, to do otherwise could lead to serious issues in the system.

As a general rule of thumb you NEVER delete entries from ANY SAP provided table.  Only let the SAP archiving system do this.  This should be taught on the first day of SAP programming school! 

Any attempt to make deletions must be only for one time events due to some major mishap in the system, (usually caused by doing something  that shouldn't be done to start with).  These deletions should be approved at a VERY high level in the business and IT department.  They should never be part of the normal business process.

I would really like to hear the reason this would ever be considered.

FF

PS>  I'll go a step farther and say that any functional QM consultant who wrote you a spec that includes deleting entries from QAMV table, (especially if it's to be used regularly as part of ongoing business), should be considered for termination.  There are many progamming techniques available to determine if a record has already been copied over to a custom table or not. No need to delete them.