cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Repeated Outputs in Billing Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Would like to get advice from you all for the issue as descripted below.

There is quite number of billing doc whereby the output types were created manually. In fact the user created is not authorized to change the billing doc via VF02.

Below are the steps for these billing docs creation:-

1. Create SO

2. Create DO

3. Create Shipment

4. Create Transfer Order

5. Complete Shipment (PGI & Billing doc generated here. The first output type populated & processed/sent out here)

This is very strange and I've no idea at all how/what transaction triggered/added this outputs in the billing docs.

As the info in Further Data, we can see that this user WHSHARED029 created the output but in fact this user is not authorized to do so.

Just wonder is this issue related to system slow or system performance issue?

Please find the attachment for the details.

Thanks & regards,

Poi Yoke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poi,

I think that user who create the shipment end that user name coming in billing document creation and as well for output creation. The other thing may happen as below:

There may chance that condition record mainatin against billing document through VV31 for respective output type and in condition record may maintain as recipient name which you mention above. If you deleted the recipient in Communication tab setting then it will not give name of user.

Or any batch job is active for automized output type trigger in invoice. There also you can give the name as users name. So due to this also possible to get output type creation by user.

I hope this analysis will be resolve your issue.

Regards,
Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks so much for the info.

Yes, the billing doc is triggered by the shipment completion and the outoput as well during release to accounting. By right, only one output will be processed and I can see the original output process without manual checked. The strange thing is there are few more outputs processed after the original output. The time interval is about few minutes or 1 hour later.. The output process seem like is created by the original user which is not authorized to change in VF02. I'm no idea how/where these extra unknown output process from?

The batch job you meant is the scheduled job in SM37? If yes, as checked there are no such job would trigger the output in the invoice.

Hope you have more idea to provide where/how I should check in order to know these unknown output process. Many thanks.

Regards,

Poi Yoke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poi,

As mentioned by you, output type is not manually created but you can check this as mentioned by G laksmipathi i.e. "Go to header output, block one of those output types and click on "Further data".  There check for the field "Manually changed".  If it is not checked, then you can conclude that the said output is coming automatically. On the other hand, if that box is checked, then some user would have entered manually."

Ifyou are getting this without manually changed then there is condition record in it and in that condition record whenever the invoice is released to accounting posted then output type triggered because print immediately i.e. 4 option chooses in condition record and name will come as users name because user created shipment end. This is standard functionality. I donot see any issue in this because billing is also created with users name and output type will also triggered with users name only as he created this invoice.

Other output type trigger when your correspond output trigger may be dependent. You can check this in output determination procedure and check routine infront of the output type. if routine is not there then there is possibility that there are condition record also there for other output types too.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"There is quite number of billing doc whereby the output types were created manually. In fact the user created is not authorized to change the billing doc via VF02."

There is no connection with authorisation for VF02. There is no change in invoicing document. He/she can issue a new output using VF31, for example. Check other authorisation objects or change the customization for output type (tab general data, tick CannotBeChanged)

Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found that the t-code trigger the manual process is VT70. But it was not successful when I tried to print this via VT70 in testing system. In fact the system not allow me to re-print or there is message saying that "there is no output to be printed" when I entered the related shipment number, ticked on Billing doc and enter billing output type. This is due to system known that the output already processed .Even though I selected the processing mode = "2" re-print, the system also not allow. But the user is able to process it via this t-code VT70. Don't know is there any possibility the reason is because the user entered a range of shipment number and all related billing doc are processed without checking?

Thanks & regards,

Poi Yoke

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VF02, input that billing document and execute.  Now go to header output, block one of those output types and click on "Further data".  There check for the field "Manually changed".  If it is not checked, then you can conclude that the said output is coming automatically.  On the other hand, if that box is checked, then some user would have entered manually.

G. Lakshmipathi