Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File2File no mapping scenario unexpected additional message created

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file2file no mapping scenario with a post message processing command line batch file to rename the output file.

In sxmb_moni I see only one message and it has processed fine. Happy with this.

In message monitor I am seeing two messages for the one process where I would expect to see only one.

The first message the sender component but no receiver component and an additional second message the same sender component and the receiver component I would have expected to see in the first message.

Is this the correct and expected behavior of the file2file scenario without mapping?

I also at one stage was implementing a module which was generating an error and this caused some additional unexpected behavior. The file would get transmitted and the name changed. The second message go into waiting status and end up also write the file being sent to the output directory, but this time the name change would not occur. The name change may not have occurred because a file of the same name already existed.

Any comments as to why I am seeing this behavior?

thanks Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

I guess this is normal behavior. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first one (without the receiver component), comes from your sender agreement and the second one is after the receiver determination.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

regards

Julian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I would agree with Mark - one of the message is from the "sender" and one from "receiver" side of PI processing. Moreover, you could see the same if you open SXI_MONITOR, highlight your message and click the "Referencing Messages" button - the monitor will show you another message. So sxi_monitor and message monitoring in RWB "match" each other, and it confirms to be a standard behaviour.

Regards,

Greg

former_member214137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

In the RWB the two messages both reference the same msgID. In sxmb_moni I only see the one message on clicking "referencing messages" and the message (both before and after clicking "referencing messages") only reflects the last message in RWB.

I suppose the lesson here is user beware, especially if you have an error during processing as you may end up with an unwanted additional document. Just another example that a deeper understanding of what is going on under the PI hood would certainly help.

thanks

Julian