cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Interchangeability- internal and external range is not mentiond for type supersession chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create interchangeability groups for projects. I am getting error as “ internal and external range is not mentioned for group type supersession chain.

Mentioned number range as per OSS note 1057389, still I am getting same error. Please find details of number range in attached file. Kindly let me know if anyone has faced same issue and the solution for the same.

Maintained number range group and number range object as per video files given in OSS note 1057389.

Maintained number range group in transaction /incmd/grpnr for number range object /incmd/grp.

maintained number range as 00000000000000000001     to 99999999999999999999  - internal
                                   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA    to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - external

assigned this range to group in which 1 to 10 types are available.

Maintained number range objects  in transaction /incmd/itmnr for number range object /incmd/itm
        01 - 00000000000000000001 to 99999999999999999999

3. maintained number range for planning package as in SNRO transaction and object /SAPAPO/PK

01 - 000000000001 TO 999999999999

Still I am getting error.

Kindly let me know the issue for above error.

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It was shared memory refresh problem,refreshed manually in TA:SHMM,by invalidating the 'Concerned area' i.e '/INCMD/CL_APPL_SM_AREA.

Now it is running fine. Thank you suresh for help

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Have you defined the number ranges using t.code SNRO? This allows you to establish the missing relationship between number range object (e.g. /INCMD/GRP) with the number ranges. It's same as the t.codes specified in your post. However, they assume the existence of specified NR object. Pl verify it with the following screenshot.

Thanks,
Rajesh

GSU
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Regarding the error  i.e " "internal and external range is not defined for group type "supersession chain"., the issue could arise due to Shared memory problem,as expalined below (I assume that you have maintained the number range properly)

As soon as you start transaction  /INCMD/UI' the application will read the current config for interchangeability groups and create a new area in 'SAHARED MEMORY : '/INCMD/CL_APPL_SM_AREA'.

So,Could you please try refreshing the shared memory of interchangeability?

For updating the shared memory you need to start transaction 'SHMM' and invalidate area  /INCMD/CL_APPL_SM_AREA'.

I.e The issue can arise because of shared memory refresh problem,which can be refreshed manually in TA:SHMM,by invalidating the 'Concerned area' i.e '/INCMD/CL_APPL_SM_AREA',as explained above.Hope this helps

Thanks and Regards

Suresh