cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Idoc to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a query related to a scenario where I want to send suppose 3 fields of an Idoc to XI and XI will post a file in the receiver. What will be the best way tocnfigure this scenario. I don't think importing the total Idoc for only 3 fields is a wise decision.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well importing the same into XI i dont think will be a problem.

But then implementing a proxy approach where you will pas only the 3 fields to XI can well improve the performance in XI.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Plz tell me how to do it using proxy in detail. I want performance wise the best way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay mr. Smith,

if you want it easy and standard just import the whole IDOC and define three contex object to make the three necessary fields to your reciever stracture.

if you insist on not using the standard IDOC you will have to define a new type of idoc who only have the three fields and then import just it into XI, it can easily be done but i wouldn't recomand it (cause when you'll want to change something or add a field the procedure is more complicated)

i would recomand to use the standard way, the overhead of the number of fields in the IDOC is nothing compared to the other factors (mapping programs etc...).

Uri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

If you dont want to import the whole IDOC, then create an executable report in ABAP, by which you will create a customized IDOC for your 3 fields. So whenever you will execute your ABAP report or you can link your screen input to this report program so that on executing from screen this ABAP report gets executed, then your customized IDOC will be created in SAP. Then you need to import only this customized IDOC of 3 fields in XI. Then you can configure your IDOC-FILE scenario in XI.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smith,

If data from R3 is sending via Idocs then you have to import the Idoc and map it up and send as a file. Then without importing it will not work. Without importing how data will reach XI is a question to you.

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to import the IDOC. Otherwise it won't work.

Regards Mario