cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow details once it gets triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have workflow active in our system for DMS. My question is, say once a document is sent for approval, how and where do I see the approver's name anywhere in the document or in some other place? Is it possible for me to change the approver's name after some time to trigger a new workflow (this is in case I selected a wrong approver in the beginning)?

thanks

Pratap.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to verify in transaction SWI1, provide the creation date and time on which the workflow was triggered. From the list displayed, you can identify the Approval step with the Work Item text description. Dowble click on the work item text, it will take you the graphical display of that work flow, you see the approver details on agents.

I guess you cannot trigger a new workflow, you need to close the existing workflow, i mean the Approver to whom the mail sent has to reject it, so that it can be sent again.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala Krishna,

Your reply was useful. What I did was, through SWI1 I was able to get the list of items in a particular task say TS91000011 (PDM Document approve decision). This gives a list of work items from which I can find out which one I need by seeing the "Work item text" which shows the Document number and document type. Then the workflow log can be viewed for this where we can get the agent's name.

Alternatively, in CV02N itself we have this "Services for Object" icon which Workflow -> Workflow overview link which also is showing the requried details.

Thanks guys for the help.

Pratap

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

from a pure DMS point of view you can use the 'Display Changes' menu entry to see nearly all changes made for this document info record. Here you also see the userID which is responsible for this change.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

The "Display changes" shows the changes that have been made to the document alongwith the name who made that change. But when I send a document for approval, I select a person's name which is what I want to see in a document's record. The display changes does not show that at all.

thanks

Pratap