Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling 2 Content Areas in Parallel

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

I will try to simplify my situation: I have a form with two internal table import parameters: IT_VENDORS and IT_CUSTOMERS. I would like to display them independently in two columns, so I created two content areas on one (and only) master page: CA_VENDORS, CA_CUSTOMERS.

My IT_VENDORS has setting: Place: "Top of Content Area: CA_VENDORS" and similaly IT_CUSTOMERS is set to fill CA_CUSTOMERS. Vendors alone could occupy 4 pages, while customers are smaller: 3 pages.

So when I run this form, this is what happens: system fills the vendors into the corresponding CA_VENDORS, creating 4 pages with only vendors and empty customers column (CA_CUSTOMERS stays empty). Then it does similar with customers, so I end up with 7 pages: 4 of them contain only vendors and empty space instead of customers, while other 3 contain only customers.

Is there a solution to fill the vendors and customers into corresponding content areas "in parallel", so that I get 4 instead of 7 pages and all columns filled (except on last page)?

Thanks!

KR,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lgor,

you don't need 2 content areas. Just in one content area, put 2 subforms (let's say subform A and B) horizontally side by side and overwrapp them (A & B) in another subform (subform C). In subform A & B, put one table into it.

Attention: if you use subform to display tables, then the subform C should have layout type "position" instead of "flow".

Cheers.

Tao

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Tao,

Thanks for your try!

However, approach with flowed forms within a positioned form has problems:

1) flowed forms A and B content tends to "overrun" the limits of the containing positioned form C so the content "escapes" out and overruns other content.

2) new page never happens. The content which doesn't fit on current page is simply lost.

What you suggest might be good only for very small tables, guaranteed not to run out of borders.

Thanks!

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lgor,

to 1):

That's why I emphasized to set the wrapping subform to position layout. Just play different layout type combinations of the subforms. It should work.

to 2):

I cannot check your form. But most likely you've unchecked somewhere in your UI-elements (not only the subform, but also other elements) to enable page break, because new pages are not dependent with the settings that are disccussed in this thread.

cheers.

Tao

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Tao,

Sorry for not replying before - my assignment changed so I didn't need this approach after all. Later I didn't have time to work on your suggestion and now I don't have access to client's system any more. I will try this with first opportunity and let you know.

Thanks!

KR,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is , merge the two Table into One with two columns and display  on the form.

Thanks.

Uma

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Uma,

I am trying to learn how to achieve this goal universally and in proper way. I have already completed the particular assignment by using a workaround (there are many).

Thanks!

KR,

Igor