cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850 PO Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having difficulty setting up PO Change and Cancel via EDI 850. When creating sales order in SAP when PO is received via EDI, transaction VA01 is setup in Idocs.

Now, for change in PO, VA02 will be used to open sales order and change it. I dont understand how to map the EDI to open the sales order by the PO change that they will be sent via IDocs.

Could someone help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the action segment in E1EDK01-ACTION:

'002' header change

'003' items changes

'004' header and items changes

regards

Roberto

pls. reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that the only difference in the EDI mapping for 850 PO change compared to 850 PO?

I still don't understand how the system will know which sales order corresponds to the incoming PO change. In the TCode VA02, we have to input the Sales Order # in order to change the sales order. How would the system know how to do this when a PO change is sent through EDI?

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the system determines the right order by the customer PO number that should be exactly the same.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is there are two sales order for a purchase order #? Is that a posibility?

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you get an error. The idoc is not processed and yo have to do it by BD87.

pls. reward if helpful

regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about for PO cancel? I want to use transaction 850 for PO Cancel. Can I use IDoc Type ORDERS01 and message type ORDCHG for PO Cancel as well? How will the system know how to cancel the sales order though? Any answers??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto!

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if you can cancel a document with EDI message, I think you cannot do it because it could have delivered status.

So you can manage this operation placing in the items a rejection reason that allows a 'logical' cancellation of the sales document.

pls. reward if helpful

regards

Roberto

Answers (0)