Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch NW BC Screen ambiguity

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering why SAP GRC 10 gives the screen where in it only gives the details of assigned roles to the user along with the Cockpit /nwbc ?

Please pay attention to the below screen.

when we execute the tcode NWBC in ABAP, it opens the above first page. However, if you click on nwbc , which is the first link, this will take us to the Business Client screen wherein, options are shown according to the authorizations assigned. However, if  you click on any of the below links to that, it simply shows this below screen:

Any idea why is it so?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

This is due to the way in which the NWBC access is built. The NWBC roles effectively contain shortcuts to specific webdynpro applications with specific configuration. However, in order to access them, you need to have the framework upon which they are based. This is the GRFN_SERVICE_MAP bit.

The cockpit takes the individual elements and combines them into the correct view whereas the individual roles will only have the associated elements of the screen but not the full lot.

That might not be the textbook ABAP answer but its how I describe it to my clients and non-technical users if they really want to know.

Most people are happy to be told to "just click the cockpit!"

Simon

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

With the help of a friendly Basis chap, we've actually found that if you de-activate the service:

sap/bc/nwbc/NWBC_LAUNCH then you'll surpress this screen and it will load the NWBC application directly.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic solution! I've been looking for this for a year. 

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon:

thank you for sharing that piece of information, this will be useful to all customers that want to utilize the NWBC transaction. 

Thanks,

Kevin.

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Damn!

I could have made thousands on that!!!

S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please apply recommendations in following SAP notes:

1647153 - Roles of Solution Manager in NetWeaver Business Client NWBC

Best regards,

Smriti

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having followed the note, it seems that the "display-only" should be removed from the table DSWP_ROLES. However, I am using NW WAS ABAP 7.02, therefore, do not find this table.

Can you suggest?

Regards

Faisal