Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IDoc: "Segment ZE1MARAM does not exist for message type ZMATMAS"

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

I wonder if you have any ideas how to solve the following pbm. I have defined a custom extension to MATMAS (called ZMATMAS05) and it works fine in the development system.

I have transported all the changes to Q and run BD10 there. But now I get an abortion message B1 095 (msg type A, no IDoc created at all) saying "Segment ZE1MARAM does not exist for message type ZMATMAS". ZE1MARAM is the only segment that I added to the standard MATMAS05 and called my message type ZMATMAS (and extension ZMATMAS05).

I have debugged the program and seen that it builds the IDoc correctly and then compares it to the definition, as it is defined in the table EDISYN. The key to the table is the basic type, the extension and the segment - there are no records of my extnesion ZMATMAS05 at all in the table! In the D system the content of the table for the basic type MATMAS05 and my extension ZMATMAS05 looks correct.

Therefore my problem culminates in the question how to get the table EDISYN populated the same way as in the D system. I have checked trs codes WE30/WE31, WE82, BD53, BD52, BD95, BD59, BD64, WE20 - they look the same in both systems.

Thanks again for any ideas!

Raf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Are you sure that distribution models (BD64) are identical in both systems, especially in terms of filters? I have found an interesting thread with the similar problem. The solution was that when a distribution model filter was used, the IDoc extension name (EDI_DC40-CIMTYP) had to be set manually in the code that fills the custom segments. Otherwise IDocs failed with the same error that you mentioned. Have a look here if you need further details (especially first and last post):

Regards,

Greg

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's sound great, Greg! Thanks a lot. The user exit ZXMGVU03 that we use to add the custom segment is enormously long and at some point it sets another extension name in IDOC_CIMTYPE! Not the one that we want to generate!

I will check how the user exit can be adjusted not to destroy the existing functionality and still set our extension name when we need it - and then let you know if it helped.

It doesn't really explain why the same code works in D... But I don't care if the problem is solved! 🙂

I will let you know.

BR

Raf

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This solved the problem! Thanks again, Greg.

Actually I have been looking at this thread before, but didn't understand it was applicable to my case. 😞

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem, I'm glad to hear it helped

Answers (0)